First Grow, 1 Plant CFL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BudBully420, Aug 28, 2017.

1. #1 BudBully420, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    This is my first grow, I have one bagseed germinated and planted in a solo cup under 4 23w 6500k CFLs (will add 4 more 23w 2700k throughout grow). It is in a closet with an air purifier oscillating. I spray the plant with well water every 3-5 days. Temperatures stay around 75-85 degrees lights on and off. I have the lights on 20-4. The first picture is 2 weeks from seed, and I had just put it in its final container from the solo cup. The soil is organic potting soil, but the bottom is mixed with flower bloom and the top layer is mixed with blood meal. Any advice or tips would be appreciated! I'm on a low budget so I believe I can make this work. I will be adding pictures every day to track the progress.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 BudBully420, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    IMG_0275.JPG IMG_0274.JPG IMG_0270.JPG IMG_0271.JPG IMG_0272.JPG IMG_0273.JPG IMG_0269.JPG IMG_0269.JPG

3. Your CFLs would be better horizontal than vertical like you have them. They give off most of their light from the sides.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ok thanks for the advice, I have them on 4-way splitters so it'd be a little challenging to have them sideways.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 1504298566122.jpg this is my first indoor cfl grow, about 8 or 9 days out of seed , end of may roughly....

6. At four weeks 1504298925407.jpg

7. Looks like its doing just fine too me . I over vegged so when it out grew the box it went outside to flower

Sent from my SM-J700P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. [​IMG]8 weeks and 10 weeks in veg[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Using a 125 watt cfl .lamp was 25 and bulbs were 30 each . By time i factored in time for running , fuel , etc was cheaper to go this route. Plug it in to timer and ready to roll.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Was your plant an indica or sativa? How much did you yield off it? I plan on letting mine veg for about 2-3 more weeks. Do you think 184w of cfl is plenty? They are all 23w hanging from 2, 4 way splitters on socket extension cords. I was hoping to get around 2 ounces dry with 4 total weeks in veg.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Foruml

11. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Should be plenty but turn your lights horizontal , get a little more efficiency from lights, thats key with cfls right?

13. [​IMG]its supposed to be blue dream but not 100 on that ...heres a clone of that plant under my 125 cfl with my first dwc attempt. So far so good too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Im thinking maybe a small Led for some supplement but have had good luck with cfl.box is a computer armoire i converted and just piped fresh air from top through bottom with inline fan . Think i got 120 bucks in setup minus genetics. Elec bill only went up about 25 to 40 a month roughly.

15. Yes that is what I've heard, but I cannot get them horizontally in the space the way it hangs. It's somewhat sideways the way the splitters are made. But should I worry about how short it is? It's 2 weeks into veg so shouldn't it be taller? It seems healthy and has grown a lot I believe in only a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. [​IMG]as far as yield on first plant idk...let you know when its ready..looking very promising though[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1