First GC Journal, 400 watt mh hps, 2 Bagseed Small Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by xXShatterKingXx, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Whats Good GC! Bout to get my first grow journal rollin, thought id post it on this forum to hopefully get some tips and suggestions and all that good shit from the more seasoned growers on this site. I know a bit about growing, iv had a few good grows before, learned alot from this site and other sites like this one. Anyway.. Setup:- 32" by 32" by 53" Earth Worth Grow Tent- 5 gallon pots- 2 flexable lamps- 2 23 watt CFLs - 2 air circulating 3 speed fans- Thermometer/Humidity - Exhale Homegrown co2- Timer- Dr. Earth Organic POTting Soil (Good Shit)Ordering an Apollo 400 watt light system on Friday got it all picked out. Comes with air cooled reflective hood, mh and hps bulbs, ballast, timer, and hanging clips. This is it>>>>>>>>>>>> Also gonna order exhaust and intake fans with ducting and carbon filters. Gotta figure out a way to set that shit up. Nutrients:- Fox Farm Grow Big For Veg- Fox Farm Big Bloom For Flower - Dr. Earth Organic Bud and Bloom Booster- PH Up And Down- Unsulphered Molasses for flowerPlanted 2 bagseed straight in 5 gallon pots full of the Dr. Earth Organic potting soil gave it a lil bit of water and put the 2 small 23 watt 6500k CFLs which will be the seedling lights till i get the 400 watt. Put one fan in there for now with the thermometer. RH is 61% and temperature is 75 degrees fahrenheit. Heres a few pics of...

Attached Files:

2. Oh the URL didnt show up for some reason, hmm. Oh well u all know what it isSent from my LG-LS720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Just ordered my Apollo 400 watt light system. Air cooled reflective hood, 400 watt ballast, mh and hps bulbs, a timer, and hanging clips. Should get that in about a week. Also ordered a new water ph meter since the ph meter i have is just for soil. No signs of life in the tent yet but they should pop up today or tomorrow. Update when that happens.

4. 4 days later! We have life. Im callin it Day 1. Placed the Co2 bag in there by the fan, RH is good Temps are good the ball is rollin lol. Now just gotta wait to get the 400 watt sometime next week. Its gonna be a good grow ;)

Attached Files:

5. Today is day 4 :) just thought id throw up a couple pics of the seedlings. Watered them with a liter of distilled water this morning when i woke up, no nutez of course. There starting there real leaves now. Co2 bag seems to be slow to start working but i wouldnt know lol. Still waiting on the 400 watt system and ph meter, uggghh lol. Heres them pics, whatcha all think of the set up/grow so far???

Attached Files:

6. DAY 6... Just finished setting up my 400 watt light ;) fits in there nicely. Got it earlier, couldnt wait to get everything set up lol. Not gonna turn it on for another 4 to 8 days depending on how quickly the plants outgrow the small cfls. Also planning to start using Fox Farms grow big on the same day, hopefully see an intense burst of growth :D have to wait till next payday to buy ducting, an inline fan, and a carbon filter. So wont have that till around the middle of February but i can do till then, ill just set up my other Honeywell air circulating fan to hopefully keep it a little cooler. Anyway heres a few pics of it all right now...

Attached Files:

7. looking good pulling up a seat :Dsent from the middle o nowhere

8. #8 xXShatterKingXx, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
    Thanks bro! Good shit, welcome aboard Dug :)

9. END OF WEEK 1.. Well today is Day 7 and the end of week one so i gotta throw up a pic of each plant. Plant A (first pic) is growing a bit faster than Plant B (second pic). Plant A is working on its second pair of real leaves right now, 1st pair still growing out as well. Plant B is still working on getting its 1st pair of real leaves out there. But there both lookin really healthy :)

Attached Files:

10. looking nice an healthy:D

sent from the middle o nowhere

11. DAY 9.. Just got my water ph meter in the mail today. Its pretty cool, takes a minute to stabilize a reading but thats not a big deal. Checked the PH of the distilled water i got and it read 6.5! Fuckin perfect lol :D just hope its accurate. Got a couple pics of the grow, taken a few minutes ago. Plant A is looking awesome, started growing its secondary branches and started growing its first 7 bladed leaves. Plant B has just started its set of 5 bladed leaves, and has no sign of Secondary branching yet. Both still looking very healthy :) Waiting for the soil to dry up before i give it its first Grow Big feeding, planning to turn on the 400 watt light at 75% power at the same time as the GB feeding.

Attached Files:

12. DAY 11.. well i decided to rush turning on the 400 watt light today, and all ready im having some heat issues, extreme heat issues!! And i need some advice. I watered both plants yesterday evening with 1 liter distilled water + a 1/4 tsp of Grow Big. Plant As water read 6.2 and Plant Bs read 6.5 so those are on the money. When the light turned off i switched out the lamps and plugged in my big light so it would turn on this morning. So i got up about 4 and a half hours after the light turned on to move shit around and see how it was doing, and the temps were at 99 degrees fahrenheit and increasing!!! :0 and the humidity was hella low and dropping i have 2 fans in there on full blast circulating the air and i have one of the things on the tent open on top to hopefully let some of the hot air out. I am ordering ducting and an inline fan this friday so in 4 days. Does anybody know anything i can do to lower the heat in the tent?????? Any advice welcome, come on guys help a brother out. Thanks

Attached Files:

13. Update DAY 11.. i got the temps to decrease a bit, 88 degrees fahrenheit and dropping. Plants are looking a lot better now, sittin up straight towards the light. Nice green color. Hopefully the temps continue to drop and i see some growth on them.

Attached Files:

14. DAY 15.. plants were stressed out for a day or two but they have snapped out of it and have grown a lil bit since i posted. Temps stay between 82 and 86 degrees fahrenheit, a lil bit to high for me but plants arnt takin it to badly. Humidity is really low around 16% gonna water them tomorrow or the next day humidity will probably rise a little bit for a few days. Haven't ordered duct or an inline fan yet, will be doing that asap. Till then i got a lil fan blowin the hot air out of the top and seductive intake from the side.

Attached Files:

15. looking good so far but u wanna try gettin them temps under80 an that humidity up to around 50 at least u can try putting a wet towel in the room with a fan blowing on it to raise thw humidity for now

16. Yea ill try raising the humidity but nothing i can do about the temps right now. Thanks for the advice bro

17. if you dont have a problem wth keeping it hidden then id open up that flap on the front of the tent to let some that heat out until u sort out your in line and ducting
    :D

18. #18 xXShatterKingXx, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    DAY 20.. Got a couple pics of the plants, lookin good. Slow growth from the heat but still looking real good. Just watered them a few minutes ago with 1 liter plain distilled water ph 6.5, they looked like they needed it. Topped Plant B yesterday afternoon after its 4th set of nodes, it was stretchin a lil bit. Im not going to tie it down for lst i prefer to let it grow how it wants except for topping a couple times to bush it out. Planning on topping plant A tomorrow morning on the 5th node after the leaves have grown out a lil bit, dont want to accidentally cut one off lol.

Attached Files: