First Frost/Harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dave_jam, Sep 13, 2017.

1. I just realized that the ice strain I'm growing outside isn't due to finish flowering until mid-to-late October. Problem is, the first frost chart for my area is Oct 10..

I'm screwed aren't I?

It's 6 ft tall so I don't imagine covering it at night would be a good idea?

Any help would be very appreciated thx

Sent from Hell using Tapatalk

2. Hopefully you'll sneak by.

But I'd be looking for a cover in the meanwhile. I did this last year for a 8 ft tall Cherry Slyder girl who seemed to be on her own time and didn't even start to flower until Mid August.

I bought/used some utility fencing and some long trim board...and made a big hoop for her. Then I covered that with clear plastic. I even added a space heater in the mix. It took her til Oct 26th to finish and we had lots of frost/freeze in the meanwhile. It was a bummer to cover/uncover here daily....but she offered up a few ounces of hash when she was done...so it was worth the effort.

best of luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. Awesome thx for the reply man. I have this girl "incognito" or atleast I hope so lol. By a patch of bamboo to blend in. Id be able to cover it after sunset and uncover before sunrise. Hopefully that will be enuff?

Thx dude

Sent from Hell using Tapatalk