First ever grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Neoblastic, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Wanted to thank everyone in this forum for sharing/posting very helpful information.

This is our first ever grow; bought seed at attitute Seed bank, consisting of super lemon Haze, gum and skunk growing in Coco Coir.

This our progress so far; we are in week two of veg.

Only issue so far was nutrient burn. Using GH Flora Trio at half the recommended strength.
    I already flushed the plants.

Will be transplanting to a 100sq. Ft . room with a 600w hps light.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Second week.

Placed them in the grow room under 600w HPS. Learned my lesson with less is more using nutes. Even at half strength, some plant were burned.

Attached Files:

3. Mhm. Shouldn't give any nutes first 3 weeks at all with quality soil. They'll use what's in the soil.

They grew a lot from week one to week two, whatever you're doing, keep doing it, they're looking good :)

4. Thanks...I am using Coco Coir mixed with perlite....

5. I'm not entirely sure the nutrient content of Coco coir but I believe it has a decent amount of potassium or phosphorous? (Naturally)

I mix potting soil with coco coir and perlite and haven't needed to give my young plants anything for a few weeks.
    IMG_20170121_152221.jpg

6. Week 3 update. ...

The girls are doing great.....there are few leaves that have what I believe is Potassium burn as the leaves have brown/black patches on the lower leaves.....the new growth on top are normal now....not sure how I caused this issue.

My only gripe with Coco coir is the amount of watering necessary to keep the media moist.

Attached Files:

7. One thing I forgot to mention is the stench from the girls......can only imagine when they start flowering.....I was holding off on the purchase of the canister filter but was forced to buy it.....