Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

First ever grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SteadyEddie714, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Hey GCity,

I've been lurking on here for awhile just wanted to contribute what I can.

Specs:
    2x2x4 quictent
    California light works solar flare 220watt
    3 Nirvana BlackJack fem seeds
    2x2 SCROG SCREEN (3/4 PVC pipe netting made of plastic veg net)
    LST AND TOPPING (LBG)
    4in inline fan and filter combo
    Small desk fan
    Coco coir 80% and perlite 20%
    Staring in solo cups then going to 3 gallon pot
    Nutes: MAXIBLOOM and Calimagic only! Yup KISS METHOD BABY

Anyway feel free to comment on my stuff or if you're running similar setup feel free to talk or ask me anything!

Happy growing

My biggest plant is 2 week 2 days.
    Plants in cups are 1 week 2 days

Attached Files:

2. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg plants are loving the coco and LED

• Like Like x 1
  3. GTransplanted blackjack #2 into a 3 gallon smart pot. Going to top at the 5th node. Then LST. Plants are thriving and I've only feed them twice so far. They are 2 weeks and 5 days old. The front one is already topped.

First time grower growing in coco, LED 165 true watts. Not too bad huh image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

4. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg The ladies are getting huge! Feeding them every two days or so. Mainly going by the weight of the smart pots.

I'm thinking about doing a 6-7 week veg.

Blackjack #1 is 3 weeks 4 days old. She's been topped at the 5th node and some LST has begun

Blackjack #2 is just 1 week younger, I just topped her at the 5th node

Can't wait to keep training then SCROG'ing it up

5. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Week 4 veg, feeding 1 teaspoon each feed

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have a bud with the pistils turning color faster than all the other buds. Will this bud need to be harvested earlier than the rest or just leave it?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. My LED penetrates the ladies super well. Only reason I can think of why they don't stretch

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spent two hours making my screen. Didn't have any power tools so I busted out the old lighter and screw method. Luckily I had some sky walker

Tested fitted the Screen what do you guys think ? image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Did a flush with low nutes and Calimagic.

I was suffering from a lockout, I thought she was ready for a full dose but I guess not. Anyway new reading as of today
    Coco flush 1/4 MB 2ml Calimagic and watered down with RO till the flush water was at 330 PPM PH 6.2
    PH of run off 6.24
    TDS reading 970 PPM

• Like Like x 1
  10. Subbed. Looking good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm definitely switching to LED once my current grow is done. That screen must have taken forever to build. Looks great, but what's it for?

• Like Like x 1
  12. SCROG training

13. Nice set up when your grow autos it's best to use a start to finish pot. Your not suppose to transplant autos! I did to one of my autos and it got nitrogen toxicity then flushed. Then 3 weeks later it got an iron and phosphorus deficiency. So I got bloom nutes FF trio and worked great.
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. They're not autos just feminized

15. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Ditched the RO water and just been sticking to the KISS method (7 grams or 1 teaspoon Maxi bloom) per 1gallon of tap water. Been feeding 2x a day and she loves it

16. @SteadyEddie714 I don't know where I got autos from lmao? I was high Af!!! anyway I have a 36x20x62 Apollo tent. I'm growing autos lol. I want to try Femmed seeds! Cause I want to try a Scrog set up. Since I don't have a lot of room in my tent. The pots that I'm using are just too big and bulky I could fit 3/3 gallon smart pots in there I doubt I could fit 3/5 gallon smart pots in there? I want to do a scrog grow! I love the way you have your set uphere's sell mine is set up I got a MarsHydro 600 278 draw, and a Apollo inline cf a 4" 190 CFMs a booster fan to get fresh air into my tent 100 CFMs and 2 clip fans. Here's some pictures.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Good Luck

• Like Like x 3
  17. #18 SteadyEddie714, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Started removing some lower growth beneath the topped node (5th)

I'm amazed by the growth the last few days after switching to tap water and following the KISS method to the T
    5.8 PH
    700 PPM
    1 teaspoon per gallon of TAP water (300-375PPM) if it's too high I add RO water just to balance it out...
    And that's it!

When I was using RO water and Calimagic I had deficnicies and probably lockout. But after flushing with low nutes, tap water and just sticking to the kiss method I've seen growth everyday. Just awesome

• Like Like x 2
  18. I have my LED as close as possible without burning it. I'm working with a total of 4 feet in vertical space. So the plant coming out this short and busy is exactly what I want.

Any have any experience with the blackjack Strain by Nirvana ?

19. Nice grow, that led got here short and compact !

• Like Like x 1