First Ever Grow... wk3

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by steveo9218, Nov 29, 2011.

1. #1 steveo9218, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
    Hi Peeps,

This is my 2nd ever post on here and this is my first ever grow.

Using a 2.4 x 1.5 jardin with 2x 250w blue cfl for veg. These are 10 uk cheese or blue cheese clones, they were very weak and a bit sorry looking when i recieved them, so i re-potted into 2ltr pots for 2 weeks then they are now in 9ltr pots, they will have been veging for 3 weeks this monday coming and i plan on veging for another 3 weeks before flower.

I gave them bio bizz root juice for the 1st week of veg when i first recieved them, now they have been on bio gro for nearly 2 weeks, i will continue to use 1ml/l of bio gro or more if needed until they are 6 weeks into veg then i will put into flower using the other bio bizz nutes.

I am going to take clones from these on monday and then start to root these.
    I am using bio bizz all mix soil.

For the first week i used hps 600w, i think i was wrong to do this, so i got 2 x 250w blue cfl's, i will use 2 x 600w hps when i switch to flower.

If anybody has any advice or input on anything i am doing please do as i would apreciate any help/advice.

Steve

Attached Files:

2. My plants loved my 600w HPS through veg.

only kept them vegging for 5 weeks, and this was my result

Indica (Pineapple Chunk - week 5 veg)
    [​IMG]

3. Wow, thats some veg!! Mine are starting to bush out a lot more now, just gonna wait till im happy with the size as there is a lot of room in the tent. I'm not in a rush to flower, a lot of effort and time has gone into this already.

Some new pics soon:)

4. wish you the best of luck! you should make a journal

5. Well, the girls have vegged for almost 8 weeks and are 24" tall and looking really bushy and leafy. I haven't tried any last or anything like that, just a straight sog I think. 10 plants under 2 600w hps. Monday was first day of12/12, started the other nutes as well, all biobizz. Will post some pics soon, also got 10 more uk cheese in veg and will be put in flower in 4 weeks.

6. Grt job...but, I find it hard to believe that they grew that much in only 5 weeks...but, if you say so, you are da' man. Share some growing knowledge.

7. Straight up, they are just short of 8 weeks and are 24" tall. They did start slow but shot up fast!! I'll get some pics up soon with measure tape.

8. How far away did you keep the 250w CFL's from the top of the plants?

9. They were approx 4-6 inches, first started with hps for 1 week but realised this was a mistake, so went and got 2 of blue 250 w cfl which are in use in the veg tent. I haven't asked many questions, but have done a lot of reading up on the Internet and watching video tutorials taking notes etc. I know I have made a few errors up to now and I'm sure I'll make some more, but all the info and advice from GC has been great, reading other people's threads and grow journals has been very informative. I appreciate any advice or info that will help me along my journey. I have never ever managed to keep a living house plant, they have alway died on me for no apparent reason, but now I recon I would have no bother keeping a house plant healthy.

10. #10 steveo9218, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
    [quote name='"steveo9218"']They were approx 4-6 inches, first started with hps for 1 week but realised this was a mistake, so went and got 2 of blue 250 w cfl which are in use in the veg tent. I haven't asked many questions, but have done a lot of reading up on the Internet and watching video tutorials taking notes etc. I know I have made a few errors up to now and I'm sure I'll make some more, but all the info and advice from GC has been great, reading other people's threads and grow journals has been very informative. I appreciate any advice or info that will help me along my journey. I have never ever managed to keep a living house plant, they have alway died on me for no apparent reason, but now I recon I would have no bother keeping a house plant healthy.

11. [quote name='"steveo9218"']

For the last 2 weeks of veg because the plants were doing well I switched to hps, I just think that the hps was too much for a freshly rooted clone and the blue spectrum seemed to make them thrive whilst so young. Just to mention that the ladies are in 3gallon pots now, just thought they would be better off.

12. #12 steveo9218, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
    Sorry for repeating myself

13. i veg my clones under 600hps and put them into flower 2 max 3 weeks later around 18''+ in hight but i keep the 600's around 2 foot above for the first week then drop them to 8/10'' above but i use a light rail that only stops for 10/20seconds during veg.

if you can get them into 5 gallon pot it's better .
    bigger pots = bigger rots = bigger buds