First ever grow!!!!tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kocf_owned, Mar 29, 2009.

1. #1 Kocf_owned, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2009
    This is my custom 3x2x5 Grow tent [​IMG]

For (intake) ventilation i have a 4.5 inch axial fan Moves 112 CFM
    For (outtake) Ventilation i have a 6 inch inline duct fan moves 250 CFM

Also its a PVC frame..just in case you couldn't see that already lol.....

These are my Nutrients/ cloning gel [​IMG]

And these are my babies..3 Dutch passion California orange Feminized and 1 Dutch passion Blueberry Feminized..there was supposed to be 2 Blueberry but my mom washed out the cup the other one was germinating in lol >_<

the two on the right i germinated 2 days ago...and the two on the left i germinated 1 day ago [​IMG]

Also i bought a Sunleaves max/min/ Hydro-thermometer

My temps range from 68-78 with extremely low humidity 15-30%...Any suggestions? was thinking of a Humidifier or something

And soil im using SunShine Mix #4 in a 2 gallon container

And lighting Im using 4 Biax PLL 55 double Fluorescent tube fixture's 10,000 Lumens per fixture [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Well as of when these pictures were taken, nothing has technically grown. Although you do have nice equipment and fancy sweet chemicals, awesome.

3. in a day or two i should have seedlings....AND IM SO EXCITED...and dont hate just cuzz there under ground doesn't mean im not growing....lol:D

4. How does the door on that tent work? It looks kind of flimsy.

It is early days now, but if this is your first time, you might not be told: It is abslutely crucial that when you go into flower, that room must be as dark as a coal miner who just lost his pension. For the full 12 hrs of the night cycle! Heaps of folks I have seen don't understand the night/day thing. It is not just a matter of turning off the light for 12 hours in flower cycle. You have to have the DARKNESS for the twelve hours. that is what creates the chemicals that make the buds. If you fuck it up, even by letting the smallest amount of light into your room for a tiny bit of time each night, your overall crop will be strung out, way overdue, and it will not smoke well. It will be leafy, stringy and small in weight.

But so far, so good!

5. First of all...that door isn't (flimsy)....it folds down over the front and i secure it with 6 pieces of Velcro on the sides so it has a light tight seal..and thanks for the info....i already new it though...i read books and done my own research than you very much :D....

6. lol looks like an AWSOME setup, and i can tel you are pumped for this grow, but dont get too excited. A bunch of people get so excited that they do something rash with their plants and kill it or damage it. Keep in mind the plant wont grow 10 feet over night, and it will grow slow and steady; however it will be beautiful as long as you provide for it.

7. Pic Update First is the blueberry [​IMG]

And here's the California orange [​IMG]

8. Pic update [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lookin good for 4 days huh?:D

9. put a light right over the top, they stretching already

10. #10 Kocf_owned, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
    No (they) are not..i know what stretching is....when my plants get to be 2-3 inches and still look like that then they will be stretching...there not even 1 1/2 inches yet...Not only that if my plants were stretching they would not have such a developed first set of true leaves yet....the plant knowing its not getting enough light will halt leaf production and continue stem growth....and my plants are 3 days old and are perfect height....the reason why some of them look bent..is cuzz i pulled them out to water them and when i stuck them back i pushed them too far in...so they were bending towards the light...as plants do....

11. My ghani's are about into the same day as yours. And almost the exact setup.
    Itll be cool to compare the 2 :)

12. lol that would be cool... whats ur setup look like?

13. Lol, i just noticed your the same guy from my other post. lol
    But i have a 9' by 6' closet
    for now its got open air so no need for ventilation
    i have 4 40 watt eco-grow flouro bulbs
    with some 23 watt cfl's 6500k for extra lighting in low places
    and mylar lining.

14. Pic update!!!!!!!:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Wow, they look fantastic. How old are they (above ground) in those new pics?

16. 8 days old.....also i have nutes from like 6 months ago that i never opened..The ones in the pic on page one...are they old....or bad...cant seem to find an expiration date on it...usually if they dont have one then it dont expire lol....but im still concerned..in a week im start feeding them and i need to know if there ok

17. Does the company that makes them have a phone number for customer service? They could tell you.

18. lol Dur :rolleyes:....i was gunna call the hydro store i bought them from...i should do that today..Thanks BtBr for the obvious answer to my problem lol

19. Whats wrong with her leaves.BTW i transplanted all of them 2 days ago..i have photos if the video isn't clear enough

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFNxNP0XHoE"]YouTube - P4110016[/ame]