First ever grow...opinions?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JoeyGrow420, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Hi guys this is my first ever attempt at growing. I decided to try a super small scale hydroponic setup. Any thoughts/opinions about my setup or the look of my plants? My biggest and most obvious concern is I planted 3 plants where there's probably really only room for 1. Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. If you're worried about space, you could always flip them to flower whenever but don't expect big yields. If you flipped now, you could learn the process of flowering and see how hydro works for you. I'm a soil grower so I can't say to much. But I'd rather do one big healthy plant than 3 small ones

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3. Thanks for the response. I probably should've mentioned before but these are actually autoflower so my hands are kind of tied in terms of their life cycle I think

4. You could just give them like 8 hours of light a day. There autos so they're gonna flower when they want to. So reducing your light might stunt there growth a bit. Maybe just go 12/12

#patientsovercups

5. That's not a bad idea. Hadn't thought of that. Of course it would be hard intentionally stunting their potential but there may be no better option. What about just getting rid of a plant making more room for the others? Does it make sense to sacrifice 1 plants for the gain of the others?

6. It's kinda up to you. Are they all the Sam strain? Or what because since its your first I'd say it's beneficial to see how different strains grow. The other thing is, later on you'll learn more about canopy sizing etc. But basically one grower can grow 1 plant in the same small space someone is growing 4 plants and they can yield the same. Look up LST and nebulas manifold and scrog.

#patientsovercups

7. just grow them out. lst them so they grow in a small spiral pattern they'll be fine. how along far is this?