First ever grow help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by snowyD, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Im on my first ever grow. I was wondering if anyone could tell me roughly what stage Im at and if it looks ok because I haven't a clue!!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Your plants flowering right now (its starting to produce actual bud). The white hairs on the plant need to be 50% amber before harvesting. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

sort of... actually you're talking about the trichromes, which are the little crystals growing on the flowers. you want THOSE to be about 50-75% amber.

go get a small magnifier from radio shack, you should be able to find one that'll magnify 100x for 12-15 bucks.

good luck!

4. #4 GrowTrees, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    Looks nice and healthy, probably has a good 3-4 weeks of flower left depending on the strain

5. More amber trichromes will be more of a body high but if you harvest when they turn cloudy/white it will be more of a head high. The trichromes go from clear to cloudy to amber over time so its up to you to decide when to harvest

6. Thanks alot. Ill post pics again in two weeks!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Here r my two plants now. Anyone have any idea when theyd be ready to harvest?

Attached Files:

8. #8 snowyD, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
    Bump

9. Damn you got a green thumb!

Good work! Another month or so and you can harvest her! You sure this your first grow :p

Im j/k :smoke:

10. Ha yeah first time. Outside greenhouse. Irish weather too!

11. Has to be fresian dew? Nice plant man lovely colour

12. Not sure what strain but I hve to cut soon. Its getting cold outside. Impatient too!!

13. Hold on as long as possible. Make sure your trichomes aren't cloudy....looks like you will still have a little weight added as well.

14. Dunno

Attached Files:

15. Start cutting her down start from the top. Make sure all clean cuts.

Then cut the next lot.

Then the last lot.

16. Start now today? Or leave it another while?

17. #18 sabreman61, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
    You are flowering!!! From what I have read in ALOT of threads is that it depends on what kind of high you like. From what I have read if you like an active uppity buzz harvest when they are 35-40% amber. If you like a couchlock can't move high wait until they are 75-85% amber. I guess you get more thc with it 35-40% and more cbd when it is 75-85%. Also depends on if it is more sativa or indica.

http://boards.cannabis.com/marijuana-methods/205997-different-effects-different-marijuana.html
    http://www.rollitup.org/t/cannabinoids-thc-cbd-cbn-do-you-know-the-difference.268014/

18. Leave it as long as possible, but I have a buddy facing the same predicament but he ain't chopped just yet