First Ever Grow Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yomeh, May 23, 2014.

1. I started my first ever grow 6 days ago.
    Seeds:
    1x Quick One (Auto)
    1xBig Bang 2 (I thought it was auto) 10 Ltr airpot

Soil:
    Bio bizz all mix

Nutes:

Take root
    Vita max plus
    Flora micro hard water
    Bio grow
    Blossom blood

Thinking I was doing 2 autoflower plants I left lights on for 24hrs sun-Friday. Been told now that Big Bang 2 is actually not an auto.

Do they look ok? Now I've put them under 18/6 light schedule (125w blue cfl) hopefully haven't caused problems.

I've also watered plants with tap water left out with lid slightly off. Ph between 6-6.5.

If someone could give me any tips that would be great.

Thanks

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400878077.458094.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400878094.758303.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400878125.641070.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400878149.174287.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It looks fine. What's the problem?

3. #3 GoldGrower, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
    Anything between 18/6 - 24/0 is fine 

They look good man 
    How come you haven't filled the pots? 

4. I dunno why I didn't fill pots actually just a daft mistake next time I'll fill to top.

I'm just needing help with nutes really please. After I added nutes to water what range should ph be please? Also when should I be using take root please (I can't seem to find answer anywhere)

Thanks for replying

5. not sure what your water ppm is,but at this stage of the plants life you could buy water that is pure and give them a drink of this
    no need for nutes at this stage

6. I think you're overcomplicating things OP..it's a plant, it will pretty much grow on it's own given the right conditions.

I grow in soil and never PH my water or test the PPM..I just use water straight from the tap and mix in my nutes every other watering. At this stage your plants don't need any added nutes..all they need is soil with good aeration and water (not too much water)

And about the take root - the simple answer is you don't use it. Not yet at least..you will use that if you decide to take clones. That's what rooting hormone is used for.

7. Thank you for replying. I'll keep it simple then and see how they get on. I'll keep updating thread

8. Just to be sure cause we don't know whats in your tap water...just use distilled water bought at the store for now...until you buy a ppm blue lab meter.

9. I've got a ppm meter. I measured tap water this morning and it was 109. Is that ok?

10. #10 lFourTwenty, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014

109 for tap water is good..the max you would want is like 200-300 so I'd say you're good. If you want you can leave your water sitting out for a day and it will distill by itself.

For PH I add lime to the soil mix at the beginning..around 1 tbsp per gallon of soil should keep your soil's PH about right. (This is for soil mixes made of mostly peat moss)

11. Thanks for advice mate

12. I always live some space that I can fill up later if my stems stretch a little bit, so they don't tip over. 

13. I'll use this if I have that problem. Thanks mate

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401112877.473341.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401112921.789298.jpg

Added another 125w cfl. Just so I know is deionised water any good for plants?

You can use it but as your tap water is just 100ppm it's perfectly fine. You won't need to worry about your PH unless you are adding stuff to your water that drastically changes it. Use just plain water for 3-4 weeks because biobizz all mix already has nutes in it. After that, if all goes well you can start using bio grow at 2ml per litre of water. I wouldn't go over that though. What nutes are you using for flowering? 

16. I'm not sure what you mean but distilling involves boiling the water, then collecting the vapour and condensing it back in to water. Anything dissolved is then filtered out. It would be a huge and expensive job to do, and leaving it sitting out for a day would not do this.

I think you must be thinking of letting the chlorine from the tap water evaporate. I know some people let their water sit open for a day for most of the chlorine to go so it doesn't harm the bacteria that is in the soil. I don't bother though, I use biobizz nutes and the elements are already in a form that the plants can take up straight away, it doesn't need bacteria

17. #17 lFourTwenty, May 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
    I mentioned that because it would make the water cleaner..maybe not distilling like I always thought..but I also mentioned 109 ppm is  fine for the water

18. I've got vitamax plus (which says it's for veg and flowering) But think I'm gonna purchase bio bloom just in case.

All my nutes:

Vita max plus
    Flora micro (hard water)
    Bio grow
    Blossom blood

19. Bio grow and bio bloom are really good. If you can use those two I wouldn't use any of your others 

20. Thanks for advice went and ordered some bio bloom. Got 10L bio grow. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401211293.156720.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401211374.923403.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401211486.925835.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401211516.508032.jpg