First Ever Grow. Closet Tent!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sk8freak269, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Hey guys this is my first ever grow. I'm still waiting for all my seeds from attitude so i started out some bagseed from very good bud. I germinated in a small glass until the root was showing and then planted it directly in my FFOF soil. 36 hours of light later and my plant was born! I am running a 400W MH light right now along with a 4inch inline fan/carbon filter. If I keep my tent closed for periods of time such as 6 hours then temperatures climb up to around 86 however the average temperature seems to be 84. Is this too hot? I've been reading around and this temperature is a littler high so any suggestions on that? Also I'm wondering what kind of veg light cycle you guys would suggest. This is just a trial run that I'm doing until my real seeds get here but I'm thinking about just doing 24/0 light until I can see if its male or female. If its a female I'm going to make it flower right away. Thanks and enjoy. More of a update tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. A couple things. Your not going to be able to find out if it's male or female under 24/0 light. In order to sex a plant it needs to be under 12/12 (flowering time). After a few days in 12/12 you will either see pistils or balls. Im sure you know which is good and which is bad :) After a sex is determined, you can put the plant back under 24/0 or 18/6 to return it to the vegetation phase.

As far as temperature goes, you should buy a cheap $20 fan from walmart or target and place it inside of your tent. Adding an extra fan does create more noise, but it really helps move air inside of your tent when it's closed up. You should try the fan in a couple positions. I would start with angling it up towards your carbon filter while having it blow in-between the light and plant. Test a few positions for a few hours and see which gives you better temps. This may save you from running your 4" inline on full blast all the time. Having a fan controller helps, you can also wire a lamp dimmer to control your fan instead of buying a controller.

You may also want to run another light setup. If you do not have anything else besides your tent, you should continue there. Right now though, the seedling is not using 1/10th of that 400w light. You could use a 23w 6500k cfl rigged in carboard to get your baby going. If you want to continue to use your setup, power to ya. I'm just saying this cause you can save a little money on your electric bill. If that isn't a problem though, disregard what I have said.

Since you will probably continue to use your 400w light, I would experiment with your bagseed the most. Try doing lst as it gets bigger, record the height at which the light seems to be most effective, mess with it and try things that you conventionally wouldnt do. When the other babies come, take care of them the best way you know how while maintaining/experimenting with your bag seed.

I'll be watching so keep us update, good luck man!

3. DAY 2:

Plant saw a little bit more of growth. Average temps all day were below 80 which is good. I've decided to go with 24/0 veg light cycle until I decide to flower. I want to flower this plant ASAP and was wondering how long I should let it go untill I make it flower. I was thinking no longer than 3 weeks before I put it into 12/12. I'm hoping that my FFOF isn't going to burn the little seed.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Day 3:

Wow this thing has really been shooting up lately. Since this is just an experimental grow I've decided to see what would happen if I left the plant in the pink cup for the entire grow (veg/flower). My real grow will start as soon as my auto seeds from attitude arrive. When the seeds do arrive I plan I sent in my money order about 1 week ago with the fastest available shipping option and attitudes website still sais that it hasn't recieved my payment? anybody else send a money order to attitude? anyway I would love to hear some feedback thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Day 4:

I woke up this morning and noticed how much the plant grew in the little amount of time I was sleeping. This thing seems to be almost doubling in size everyday. I'm thinking about trying some sort of LST method once it gets bigger. This plant will probably only be vegged for 2 weeks and then flowered. Has anybody ever done this with a decent yield? Anyway it's just a experimental plant so anything goes lol thanks. I WANT SOME FEEDBACK PLEEASSE

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. nobody? bump