first ever grow(afghan kush ryder,orangebud

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by alkush, Sep 20, 2009.

1. hello gc,
    i`ve been doing a lot of reading thru your forums the last few days and picked up lots of good info.
    Theres some nice grows there and some clever stealth grows:eek:

I know a chap TED whos doing his first closet grow at the mo and thought i`d share some info and pics

He has 2 Orange bud and 1 Afghan kush ryder.there about 3.5 weeks into veg from seed under 125W cfl.
    The closet is about 1x2x4 feet high
    For soil he`s using BIOBIZ allmix and Sensi Grow/Bloom for nutes.

There is no fan yet but there is light proof vent holes and temps are not much of a problem at the mo.
    could any1 shed some light on how to wire pc fan for a vent:confused:

well here they are as babies
    [​IMG]
    ted kep 3 off some where else for a seperate grow.:cool:

here they are a wee in from transplant and in their new space doin well
    [​IMG]

the plants were flying along

here they are 2 weeks later.there on a 18/6 cycle but teds timer is banjo`d so hes switchin `them on and off himself when he remembers:smoking:ha

[​IMG]

2. here`s the other 2 orange bud that are doing great:D
    [​IMG]

3. just thought i`d put up some progress pics and one of the grow space

the space is getting very tight with the leaves leaning up against the side walls
    can any give ne advice on pruning or is bending a better option?

check out the pics and let me know what ye think

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. and a couple more.
    theres onlt been 1 problem 1 or 2 if the leaves are after deforming,is this common??
    any help eould be greatly appreciated:)
    thanks for lookin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. well just thought id do a update:wave:
    They have been veggin for about 4 1/2 weeks and on 12/12 since sunday.
    Teh nutes i had were the 2 part Sensi groe for the veg and changed on to Sensi bloom yesterday. Gave them some big bud today,can anyone tell me if its too soon to be using these:confused:
    any way here`s a few pics
    as you can see they have way out grown the space:(any tips on what i should do ??[​IMG]
    here`s the little Afghan kush ryder starting to flower:smoking:

[​IMG]

Here`s the two Orange Bud doin well[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

can any one help with the low ryder?i just noticed yesterday that half the white pistels are gowing orange:(is this normal?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any help or comments would be very much appreciated

Cheers

6. hairs on the dwarfs will start to turn around day 50 or even before,this is pretty normal.usually they will be replaced with new growth in the final stages of flowering so dont worry about it.

7. ah thanks for that:),i was getting a bit worried.i gave it a little spray of bug clear last week,thought i fecked it up.

gonne sort out the light today,gonna hang it vertical to give a bit more room.

Has any 1 any tips or links on pruning or how to thin them out??
    I really need some elp onthis part,i have`nt a clue:eek:
    any help would be great

8. Whats up GC,
    Just thought i`d do a quick update,even if it is only for myown records lol.

The little Afghan Kush low ryder is coming on well i think(i haven`t seen anyone else growin one to compare it to:confused:)but i can se a differance every day
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to hang the light vertically because the two Orange Bud are growing so fast
    . They have already out grown the closet and i haven`t a clue what to do with them.
    There gowing so well i dont wanna trim them incase i make a ball`s of it:(Can anyone please give any advice on what to do with them,

hers a few pics anyway
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thats them so far,i pretty pleased so far apart from the space issue.

any advice and comments are much appreciated

help me help others:hello:
    cheers

9. Nice plants dude. The orange looks like it's gonna explode and I specially like the looks of that Afghan Kush Ryder!

10. Those CFL's seem to be working out nicely, I've heard certain strains are very finicky when it comes to any form of florescent, bravo my friend.

On a box set that is 5x5 in a closet (homemade cab of course) I'm running 4 18 inch 15 watt terrarium florescent that I must say...are not only working beautifully, but saving me a bit on the electricity bill.

Currently I myself am running 3 HPS 400 watters, but the electricity bill is noticeably higher, I told my land lord that I'm running some electric heaters...and he's trying like made to find out why I would do that this early into fall (he has yet to turn on my houses boiler you see.)

So another investment of $60 would really bring it down to "in the norm."

I picked up the brackets and electric wiring at a flee market, just in case your interested.

(and the bulbs from my local walmart at $5 a pop)

11. Thanks for the comments Smokin Trichs and Limewillis :wave:

ye limewilllis im delighted with my 125w CFL seems to be doin well and only cost me €40 each for the bulbs + €10 for the fittings:D
    i got the blue spectum 6400 for veg and red spectrum 2700 for flowering.

I also have a 400w hps and ballast sitting there but its too hot for the little setup:mad:

anyway i`ll ty get some pics up tomorrow,
    thanks for the comments and anyone elses comments are mor than welcome

cheers

12. :wave:Whats up GC,just thought id do a quick update,

im having major issue`s with space now and i haven`t a clue what to do:confused:
    i realy dont wanna fuck one of them out,please can any one give me advice on trimming or bending or is it too late to do this 2 weeks into flowering??

here`s a couple of pics,check out how much the 2 orange bud have growin since the last couple of posts:eek:do you reckon they will grow much more while in flowering??
    please, any advice would be greatly appreciated

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the orange bud is starting to flower but i haven`t a clue when i`ll see some bud:(
    [​IMG]

The little lowryder is going well.Hope i get some nice smoke from it while waithing fo the orange bud:smoking:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A good old magnafying glass in front of my camra din the trick:D

[​IMG]

13. awesome plants so far bro

14. :wave:Thanks JB

15. Well just thought id do a little update while i have some pics.

Im really having an issue with space now,the Orange bud are flying:mad:
    Is there nobody out there that can help me with trimming or bending.
    I haven`t a clue what to do,i wasn`t expecting this at all:confused:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had a bit of a disaster today:(i installed a 6" exhaust fan the other day and never put a guard on it.
    Tonight i heard what was like a buzzin sound so had a little look.i put a whole new meaning to"fan leaf":mad:
    One of the fan leafs had got shredded.
    Will this leaf cause any trouble or should i just leave it be??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any advice on this??

other than that the little low ryder seems to be doin ok.no bud forming yet:(altho this is only 2 and half weeks flowering.Should i be seen more at this stage?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any advice on the space issue and the fan leaf bieng butchered would be really appreciatd.
    Happy growing

16. Another quick update of pics.

still havin the same problems but looks like nobody can help:(
    i just chanced my arm at tying the main cola`s of the orange bud,hope i dont feck them up

here`s the 2 Orange bud
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the littlelor ryder seems to be doing ok

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thats all i have for tonight.
    as always,and adviice or comments would be greatlt appreciated.

peace out:smoke:

17. heres another pic i got

[​IMG]

as you can see my press is about to burst ha

18. don't worry about those fan leaves, the plants have plenty more to do the photosynthesis chores. SWIM routinely removes the worn out, yellowed fan leaves from the under canopy so having some chopped up should be fine.

SWIM isn't sure what to do about the space. SWIM is about to have a vertical space issue so he's been trying to think up a solution. Basically, make the plant smaller or the grow space bigger :(

19. #19 BiggieSmallz42, Oct 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2009
    The space issue? The light isnt close enough..
    They are stretching to reach it..
    An that light is in no way strong enough for both those plants..
    That reflective material should go..
    What kind of light cycle you got them on?
    It cant be good for them you keep takin them outta their home..
    But yeahh they are stretching wayyyyyyyyyy too much..

Other than that they look super healthy..

Just dont expect much of a yield..
    Like I said that light is maybe good for half of one of those plants..

Yeah he should def get more lights..
    An keep them closer in the beginning..
    So that way the plant isnt stretchin..
    An you dont run into the space problem..

20. thanks for the advice Biggie,its all bein taken on board for the next grow.
    this is only a trial run to see if i can actually grow somethin.Ihave a 400w hps there but dont have the space for it and it would be well too hot for the space i have.i`ll be usin it next time tho;)

I`ve had to tie them down to get them to fit so i i wont be taken them out until there gettin the chop.

Afew leaves got burnt te bit`s in the last few days:mad: hope it doesnt effect them too much.
    Heres a few of the latest pics,nearly 3 weeks into flowering.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here ye can see the leave that got fried:(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the little low ryder
    [​IMG]

let us know what ye think
    slainte:D