First ever clone put in flower, issues within 48 hours please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Pimpinator, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Hello GC, this is my first post as I'm more a lurker and try to rsolve any issues I have myself with research and similar threads but I'm drawing a bit of a blank with my current issue. I have just harvested my first grow in 5 years (only my 3rd ever grow) where I have managed to get 2oz from a Pure Kush plant I had donated to me and I took some cuttings from the flowering plant when it was about 3 weeks in flower. The mother had issues of her own but thats a different story and all was well when the cutting were taken. The cutting was left in a glass of water in the bathroom and 2 1/2 weeks later, there were roots.

This clone was then transplanted into a small container with the same cheap grow bag compost the mother had previously been potted up into. The clone was placed under 24/0 with a flouro tube (18w cool white) and it blossomed. After 3 weeks under the Flouro, it had enough shoots and was starting to grow normal leaves again after going through the deformaty stage, so I figured it was ready to put into flower (9" tall).

This week I repotted up into 3gl buckets, originally with a John Innes no 2 compost with 30% perlite which, after doing quite a bit of research, seems to work for a lot of people. I had concerns about the drainage of this stuff as it compacts but thought the perlite would help with this. It was then placed under my 250w hps about 12-15" away and it got its very first dark period as it was put straight into 12/12 from 24/0 which I've read is fine. My grow room is a closet, 2x2x7' with intake and outflow going into my loft.

The following day, I noticed some of the newer formed leaves on the top starting to get brown tinges to parts of the leaves, I thought it could have either been the roots being compacted or the John Innes was a little too rich for the clone. I also wanted to rule out heat stress so I moved the clone a little further away and monitored the heat a little closer (it did hit 90 on day 1), day 2 was 75-80. Day 3 of flower and the leaf crisping seemed to be spreading up the plant to newer leaves and also to the shoots so I've repotted again, got rid of most of the John Innes and instead have used a mix of 33% cheap grow bag it was originally potted in, 33% perlite, 33% John Innes. I am now on day 3 and am still concerned whether this is a nute burn, deficiancy, heat, stress or other issue so I can rectify it as quickly as I can and the newer leaves are now crisping and dying off from the looks of it.

Coule someone please offer some help and advice on this issue as I've always grown from seed and don't know if this issue is due to the fact its a clone, or something totally different. I have a few pics posted and have more available if required.

Pre Flowering period
    [​IMG]

Day 1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 2
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Day 3 (today)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Are you feeding it anything? tap water or RO?

3. #3 Pimpinator, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
    Just plain tap water when it was vegging, ph'd plain tap water during transplants, no waterings since, no nutes added due to the new soil mix, just a little added molasses to get the new soil off to a good start

4. I would be surprised to see that much burning from a hot soil. Ive burned and stunted my plants pretty bad over nute-ing but never saw burning like that. That makes me believe it could be under fed. It looks like a really bad mg deficiency... That pre flower pic you can see the light green edges well established. Is your tap water ppm low? Maybe try a foliar spray with some epsom salt, it couldn't hurt if. I could be wrong as I've only been growing for just under a year but i thought i would offer some help since you haven't received any. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in here!