First ever, 250w MH Bagseed., pics of transplant, scrog.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by trappervalley, May 11, 2010.

1. Loving the setup dude, its the perfect space to grow in!
    Being in Australia i'm surprised more people don't grow outdoors. Have you tried an outdoor grow beofre? The climate's perfect for it! Obviously in summer :smoking:

2. If you keep that plant happy and healthy, the yield will take care of itself. So far, you are doing a great job.

3. Hey man thanks for the words,... careful this site is a real issue for people who have a predisposition to creaming over pics of buds,:p
    I'm keeping an eye on your grow man, aweome to have another aussie to grow with.

All I can say is I have heard you should go HPS if your going with only one light. I would love to have seen what mine did with both MH and HPS, oh well I'm still really happy with her. hope the grow space works out for you and thanks for the visit MFDoom.

Yeah this is definatly having an impact on her beauty, The bottom leaves are almost full yellow in just two days! I gave her some PH adjusted water to 5.5, hope it brings it down enough. I'll see if I can get some pics going of the leaves, it's looking pretty scary dude:( hope your well.

Hey Jazz, thanks for stopping in,. This is my first time growing so I haven't had a chance to get outdoors yet. Too many neighbours anyway. Might be moving at the end of the year to a place more secluded so if that happens I will definatly grow outdoors, I'll keep the lights though to get comparisons of indoor vs outdoor. Thanks for the vibes.

Hey Alatar, Yeah I hope to fix this PH problem then I should be ok. I'll end up being stoked with whatever I get from her anyway, first grow and all. Thanks again mate.

peace.

4. I have been stepping down the PH of my water over the last two feeds. Would anyone know if it's best for me to just go with water only feeds (ph adjusted) as apposed to adding organic nutes and molassas? just to give her a chance to recover?
    here is a shot of the undergrowth (looking pale) then one of an upper leaf which I just niticed is also being leeched of its colour.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry there aren't any glam shots, i'm in a bit of a rush.

The buds look and smell great and are starting to fill out now. I'm just worried that my inexperience may give me more issues than I need. would appreciate anyones help.
    cheers GC.

5. So what's the pH of your runoff? That's what I want to know. :laughing:

You can feed her. A pH of 5.5 is too radical for my taste. If the pH of my runoff was too high, I would pour 6.3 or 6.5 water through that pot until the pH of the runoff was back in range. Not that I have ever experienced high pH in soil. I've always struggled mightily (and noisily) against low soil pH. Maybe I'd pour 6.0 water through after the first few gallons.

It's good to have porous soil. :D Or, better yet, half coco coir, half perlite, and no soil at all.

Those are glam shots, homey. They got me going. I just sat and stared at the pictures for a while.:smoke:

Yeah, I know that feeling. It's a fun hobby that way. :D

6. Hey Jazz, thanks for stopping in,. This is my first time growing so I haven't had a chance to get outdoors yet. Too many neighbours anyway. Might be moving at the end of the year to a place more secluded so if that happens I will definatly grow outdoors, I'll keep the lights though to get comparisons of indoor vs outdoor. Thanks for the vibes.

Yeah you do need a bit of space away from the gazing eye if your growing outdoors. Keep the photos coming, some of the best i've seen in the grow journals on here!
    :)

7. She's looking great for a bagseed plant! +Rep for you! I've noticed in my grows that it is normal for the bottom leaves to yellow and fall off as long as it doesn't keep spreading. If it does then you have a problem. The lower growth doesn't get much light, so the plant sucks the life out of the leaves so they don't go to waste.

8. :D:D
    The runoff is down to 6.8 now. hope she is happier.:eek:

Yeah I think you are right, I dropped it really quickly and I'm just hoping I didn't strass her too much, It is getting a little nerve racking because it is getting close to the end of the grow and I just don't want to stuff it all up after all the hard work!
    I did end up feeding her as usual.

I know I said I am sticking to soil next grow but I am hearing a many good thing about coco, also my hydro store guy suggested it too. I'm now thinking of going exactly what you said, 1/2 1/2 coco perlite. I have the perlite and the coco is very easy to get but I really just want to know one medium well first and the soil has been good so far..... ah decisions decisions...... Oh and also what about vermiculite? Would that be a little silly in coco? I have some and If it helps ill use coco/verm/per mix.
    Thanks again for all your help Alatar, you have been a real help, would gladly give you a part in the harvest, alas you are too far!:D

Hey thanks for the comments brother, I do love taking pics of her and guess what.... ive got some more!:D

Yeah it is mostly on the lower leaves but there is one or two up top which worry me a bit, I hear it is common at the end of flowering which is almost where I am. Thanks for the rep man, and the knowledge!
    peace.
    photos next post!:)

9. Ah... I have no idea why I thought I was in late flower, I just worked out that this is only day 33.... I think I was a little optimistic...:eek:

Poppy has changed and has a new smell coming through, It's almost like very ripe, sweet fruit, almost fermented... It's nice and whenever I brush up against her she glues the scent on me as if to mark her teritory!:p

Oh well here are some pics for fun.
    First off... a little foreground, background action.
    [​IMG]

Up close and personal....

[​IMG]

Her good side...
    [​IMG]

....and all things green....

[​IMG]

That should do for now... Thanks for all the help guys.

peace.

10. :wave: Very groovy pictures :D

11. amazing plants and shots. what camera is that? real quality man.
    really. i squirted in my pants on view.:wave:

12. Three weeks to go. It's all end game from here. The final fade. She looks great. Well done.

13. Glad you like the pics brother. its a canon 10 mpx something or rather.... I posted what it was a while ago... if I remember I'll post the model again later. Good to see you again man.

Oh I like that.. Three weeks and counting... you know what that means...... bean popping time.!:D I have the choice of about 10 or so bagseeds to choose from. some are the girl i'm growing now but I have no idea which ones are which...
    maybe I'll take a group shot of the beans and let the viewers choose which ones go in the ground.... take a poll.

thanks mate. GO LOLITA!

14. Well I figured since we now have a fresh page,... time for some fresh photos...

nothin but pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peace.

15. Nice grow man! I love your pics! What equipment/settings are you shooting with?

16. I just use a canon ixus 90is Seems to do the job. Sometimes shoot through a jewellers loop too for fun.

17. :wave: Nice pictures dude, love the trichome shot :D:smoking:

18. I just ordered one from Amazon. I'm going to try that. :D

Looking gooood! :hello:

19. unsolphured molasses will increase your yield by about 20 percent...i have used it on a few grows and i have friends who have managed to get a significant bump in yield. i usually use it the last 2-3 weeks when you are flushing with just pure water (ever buy weed that pops/hisses when it burns or smokes harsh....the growers didn't properly flush out all those nutes)...i typically go heavy 1 Tblspn/gal (but i would suggest starting lighter and building up if you think she can take it) and use it at every watering.

20. Thanks thunder! there will be some more soon... She is changing shape! for the better.

Thanks Alatar, The loop is awesome fun, there are so many options to shoot with it. creates all sorts of wierd warps and bends in the light! fun.
    I read you might be going perpetual.... I posted a question for you ove on your thread in regards. would be fun to try.

Hey thanks for stopping in snax., :wave: I'm already using molasses. I have asked around about flushing but havent heard much back yet. so I can still use the molasses in the flush period, just no nutes right? and I'm not sure how long to flush for before the chop.
    Any info will be helpfull

peace guys, thanks again for all the help.