First ever, 250w MH Bagseed., pics of transplant, scrog.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by trappervalley, May 11, 2010.

1. wow, those pictures, especially the second are looking epically beautiful. nice new trichomes!

2. I hope so, there is still plenty of time for things to go wrong, so i'm going to look after her as best I can with my noob thumbs!

Thanks for stopping in Einstein!:wave: cheers for the rep. I'm not to sure on trimming roots. I transplanted just before she was flowering and she seemed to love the new home. I would be inclined to leave the roots and place her in a bigger pot and let her do her natural thing. Nature will rule man.

Thanks heaps Ghost. I'm stoked about the trichs and I'm having a blast taking shots of my girl. There will be plenty more pics to come yet, might leave it a little though so there is some difference between shots.

Thanks all for taking a look, really appreciate all the help. Off to pick me up some beautiful homegrown from a very very kind friend, (he's giving me some seeds from his best plant, he doesn't know what strain it is but it smokes up a treat and will be my next grow!)

peace.

3. Trapper, I think your plant likes that blue spectrum. She certainly looks healthy. Your photography skills are looking pretty good too. Those last three shots were a treat. Thanks.

4. I think your right Alatar, She is loving the MH, although I do also have a small CFL warm spectrum in there as well. It will be interesting to see if there is any major difference in the buds that are close to the CFL compared to the ones that are further away. we will see.

thanks for the kind words man, I'll have some more loverly pics when she frosts up a touch more. Can't flippin wait!

5. hey man looking real good.. how long was she veg for?? and also are u using the MH to flower 2??

6. Those pictures are beautiful. She is looking very healthy bro. It's gonna be so awesome watching the trichs form.

7. I'm ready to know what kinda camera you have. Even though there is atleast one photo that is a bad quality alot of those close ups are worth more than the plant is. The look like they belong on the cover of magazines.

I really like this grow. A first grow with a nice style. Many things like a scrog can be so complicated when an amature looks at a pro doing it. As a first time grower in learning, everything you do both shows your skills at learning the trade and keeps everything simple so that others can easily follow.

In time, I really want a cabinet for two plants myself. As i keep seeing the HPS and MH rigs the results, I realize how much better they are than CFL. The CFL does get the job done and my results are admirable but at the same time I have over 500 watts of CFL and tube. I could do a bit better with a 150w HPS while running 350 less watts. I look forward to seeing what your grow brings.

8. Exactly. My 150w HPS cost me $90 and change.

9. #69 trappervalley, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2010

I veged for about 28 days I think, I seemed to have lost when the seeds cracked. and this is day 22 of flower. she is begining to smell really fruity and sweet.:) yeah the MH is all I got.

Hey thanks Colour man, It sure is going to be fun. She has put on a few more but I might wait for even more for some nice new pics.:D

Hey there 8ishop,:wave: Thanks so much for the kind words man. I think you too kind on the mag cover coment, some of those shots are just incredible. I have a Canon Ixus 90IS, 10 mp. she works a treat. I just play around with the settings and try to get the image im hoping for.
    As for the journal I'm just trying to keep all the info nice and simple, both for me to reference back to in future grows (oh there will be future grows) and also for anyone like me... NOOBish.
    Yeah I can't wait to get a HPS, looks like it will be on the next grow though, pity, but I am really happy with how she is going so nothing to complain about really, shes healthy so I'm happy.:D

I know they don't cost too much but for now I'll be happy with the MH and the CFL. Next grow will be two cabs I think .Thanks for stopping in Ismoke.

10. No pics on this page.... so... here we are!:D
    Side shot of the stretch.
    [​IMG]

Bit of a canopy shot.
    [​IMG]

Couple of beauty shots... sorry about the hairs....
    [​IMG]

i really love this one.:p
    [​IMG]

And the all important, loving, intrusive close up..
    [​IMG]

Enjoy people and thanks for taking the time to look.
    peace.

11. Damn, beautiful plants and pics mate, really nice :smoking:

12. Jesus, nice pics. I recently threw my plant on a 12/12 light cycle but it's no where near this stage.

13. :wave: Super groovy journal dude :D they look lush and the setup looks groovy :hello:

14. I would suggest that you get a pH test kit for testing the soil. Plants absorb different minerals and nutients at different pH levels. if the pH gets too low, (most nutrients tend to make the water they are mixed in slightly acidic.) that will cause some uptake issues and could be the cause of the fading of the lower leaves. Soil growers usually try to keep the soil pH between 6.3 and 6.7. You can adjust the pH with pH UP or pH DOWN solutions that you can usually get from a hydroponic shop.

Other than that. I think you have a nice little grow going and I think you will be happy with the results. Just relax and let her grow.

15. Hey thanks Ed,I'll keep them coming. keep growing safe man.

She will be brother, it's amazing the speed in which they change. I'll keep an eye out on your journal to see her bloom!!:D

Thanks for stopping in thunder, no where near as lush as yours buddy but thanks for the kind words. :wave:

Thanks for taking a look jonny, I have a ph tester and she is running at around 6.9 so maybe just a touch high. thanks for the help.
    I was thinking of going to coco next grow but I have read around and I think i'll keep it as soil. I really would like to master the one medium before changing things around. I'll get a HPS and really see if I can get the next soil grow dialed in. Also i'm stopping by the local hydro shop for some Ph up and down so I have it for the future.

Cant wait for my first harvest. thanks all. peace. pics soon.

16. :wave: Dude, they are more lush than mine for sure, Im king of the fugly bunch :eek::p.

I like the idea of staying with one grow medium until everything is perfect, 3 years and Im still learning soil. :wave:

17. Yours are all kinds of sexy fugly! marge is hot! I'm for sure staing with soil now. just ran into a PH problem, checked today and its up over 7 so time to learn!.

Also more pics of the girl.:D She looks good untill I put a bic next to her. Hope she fills out some more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She still looks pretty up close though.:p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyway time for me to go and fix a PH issue. The leaves at the bottom are still pretty yellow so I think it 's a bit of a lockout. Hope it wont affect her too much. Thanks to all for the help so far.
    peace.

18. #78 Colour, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
    Holy shit trapper... I'm high and I think I just jizzed my pants over those shots, you have a real talent for photography bro. Poppy's looking very rad, I'm enjoying watching your plant grow more than mine, hahaha!

EDIT:
    I just held up a bic next to your picture, she's really getting her growth on! Very impressive! :)

19. Dude i comeback a couple weeks later and your plant is looking like pure gold dude. Awsome job im hoping to get my SOG grow set up in a couple days. Im still trying to figure out how im gona veg and flower without having any major lighting issues. And i also cant really alter the room im growing in.

20. :wave: Very nice pictures dude :D it was a pH problem that made mine fugly :eek: beware :p:smoking: