First DWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Radson7, May 2, 2021.

• Like Like x 2
  1. is the water bubbling up through to the top of the hydroton?

i swear i can see bubbles in the hydroton.

the water level should be a few inches below the net pot

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. This will be handy.
    Ph chart.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Water was too high, good call, lowered it have 3, 4" airstones so should be plenty of airflow and spitting water as for the EC and PPM I'm heading to the hydro shop today, i just threw this together last night cause I realized I had everything I needed (parts wise)and some rooted clones I'm potting tonight anyway, and PhD the water to 6.5 added some mykos ws, and will be grabbing ec/ppm meter and some GH nutes today, this is 1 bucket for my "learning/experimenting" as I usually run in soil 20210502_105527.jpg 20210502_105518.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Good call lowered water level a bit

5. Just threw the setup together last night when I realized I had all equipment needed, and PhD the water to 6.5 threw some mykos ws, and will be heading to hydro store today to grab ec/ppm meter and some gh nutes, im a soil guy usually so this is my first "learning/experiment " into DWC been wanting to try for a while and plus my clones were rooted lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. You need to be down around 5.8PH for DWC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Now when the lights come on tonight, im gonna redo the reservoir water correctly!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anything close to 6.0 works well too.
    I always worry about getting too far away from 7.0 neutrality.

9. Not 6.5, look at the chart. 5.8 is target PH, your PH is set for dirt and its to high for Hydro

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. You don't have to worry about lighting when in veg, turn em' on when ever you need to.
    I run 20/4 the first 2 or 3 weeks of veg, then 18/6 for a week then 12/12

11. My veg tent is in a flowering room so @ mercy of flowering schedule

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Checked res this morning and the ph rose up to 8.5 does that usually happen? I thought the nutes would overall lower the PH? Anyway re-ph'd it to 6.1 this morning is that something I need to check daily? Is it going to wildly fluctuate?