First DWc grow journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by JamesDaBear, Feb 23, 2014.

1. hello a little late on starting my small journal here is my AK-49 and DarkDevil both at 21 days in pic and are both autos any feedback is welcome. the 2 that are in cubes are chocolate skunk and red poison will be going into buckets sooon.

Attached Files:

2. They look great. I'm starting my grow in about a week.. Was wondering how long did you keep your seeds in the cubes before moving them to the bucket system. I also am running a bucket system. Would also want to know what nutrient strength you used in your seed? From first sprout. Any information would be amazing

3. #3 JamesDaBear, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014
    I put cubes in buckets once started seed roots on bottom of rockwool as nute strength I started 1/2 strength went to 3/4 following week that's about all ill do I wont go full strength specialy on autos and im now into bloom at 3 1/2 weeks since they are autos the Darkdevil already 3 days into flowering nice tops ak just started seeing hairs.

4. Looking good man.

Can you tell us more about the environment?

5. That sounds great man. Happy for you. Really hope u yield a shit load. Ll but if it's cool I have one more question, did you keep your PPM's under a certain amount with your seedlings.

6. Do you germinate the seeds in the rock wool or classic paper towel then to rock wool onto a heat mat

7. ok for germination bro I only use distilled water with ph at 5.8-6.0 and no nutes till they go into buckets then I use 1/4 strength giving ppm around 300-500 and give a little more till at 3/4 strength..i soak first for 24 hours then paper towels for bout 2 dayys till got about 1/8 in tap root then carfully put into rockwool with tip down and put in a cup with plastic bag over top to add humidity since I can get my room over 16% lol great for flowering lol then when I see roots at bottom in the bucket they go,
    ok for my enviorment well in a 5x5x7 grow tent usuing 2 4ft 4 bulb mix spec t5's running 4in fan with carbon filter and couple circular fans to move air. ppm at 1100 right now water temp at 72 air temp at 77-81 with light on 63 when light off running 18/6 lighting ph at 5.8-6.4 starting at 5.8 ending at 6.4 by end of week for water change.
    im usung floraduo for my nutes with cal-mag and rapid root.with distilled water never tap water
    pictures done today added 2 more lol,
    hope this helped you and im always looking to get feedback and advise

Attached Files:

8. Thanks really helped a lot. I've grown hydroponics before. But it was a few years ago and I jumping back into it seeing my state is legal now. Germination has always been my weak point for some reason..lol but your grow looks amazing. Are you worried about the yellowing on your bottom rows... If so... What are u thinking it is?

9. Also where did u get your seeds from

10. the yellowing happened during week 1 over nute the top is all green so not to worried ill pick them off later will be doing water change tomarrow so will be posting pics then..i get my seed from single seed centre they are awesome no troubles descret  shipping get seed usually in 7 days and u get freee seeds also.

11. Cool cool. Your girls are looking good. How many weeks are you now? Man looking like a pro.
    If you don't mind me asking. What are your PPM's at@[member="JamesDaBear"]?
    Also do you trim at all? Or have you yet?

12. my ppm are at 960 I don't trim I help the dying and yellow leaves of as needed since they are auto flowers they are 28 days today will be posting pics in few getting ready to do water change.