First DWC Grow (Big Bud x White Widow)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by ChillyWilly5, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Hey guys, super excited as I chnged to 12/12 yesterday. I am going to remove the SCROG screen because it is just a hassle without a main res. Also installed my filter so I am patiently waiting from here on out. These gals are nice and super bushy.

PPM 750-800
    pH to 5.7 rises slightly to 5.9
    Room temp 70 degrees, Canopy at 75.

IMG_1065.jpg

2. looking sick, excellent job plus it's your first, was thinking about growing BBxWW and going hydro. I'm subbed for this one. :)

3. IMG_1069.jpg

Day 3 of Flower.
    Looking beautiful.

4. Looking good, nice setup and beautiful plants.

5. Week 2 Day 10 of Flower. Plants really exploded in 10 days. Pretty much tripling in size. No complaints as they all look pretty healthy. Slowly trimming away undergrowth that doesn't get enough light.

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

6. On Day 13 of Flower. Getting real packed in here. These things must be super happy because they more than tripled in size. Still slowly trimming away undergrowth that I don't think will get useful light.

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

7. 1. All three from seeds and the same pheno?
    2. 13 days in, have they shown sex yet?

8. All 3 plants are big big x white widow from seed.
    Yes they have shown sex. Looks like theyre ready to start forming some buds as pistils are becoming more and more.

9. Hehe your pics resemble a mini version of mine atm :)

10. So I have been pretty busy so I could not post pics. I am currently in week 6 of flower. ph is 5.8 and around 2.4 EC. Still using my FF Trio and solubles and have had 0 problems. My plants grew way bigger then expected so It has been kind of a mess to tie down and keep the plants away from the light so they do not burn. Overall I am very happy. Im thinking I have about 2.5-3 weeks until harvest. The bud sites are super frosty and I expect them to get better. Here are pics of some of my buds. Enjoy!

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

11. Hey guys, sorry for the seldom updates. My plants are so close to finish. I am flushing them with plan tap water today and my hopes is they are ready to cut down by the end of the week. Here are some nice bud shots. There are 3-4 massive colas and other areas with some nice sized buds. Will probably get about 7-8 ounces of very quality smoke.

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

12. Can anyone by these 3 pictures tell about how long I have until done. I started flushing with plain tap on May 30th. My guess is they will be done in about a week.

13. I would say about a week will work. You want to wait until 70-80% of the hairs have curled back and receded to the bud.

14. Cool. I am trying to be as patient as possible. Do not want to chop her too early. Everything is looking good and I am super excited for the harvest. I am guessing I will be going lights off for 48 hours on sunday and harvest Tuesday.

15. lol be patient now my friend. this is the most crucial time yet. use your jewelers loupe and keep checking on those trichs. harvest too early and you mess up the potency of your crop. I harvested too early my last grow and I learned from that.

16. So I gave it 36 hours of darkness before harvest. I am happy with my first hydro grow. The bud is super frosty and smells tremendous. I also will have about 2oz. worth of trim and popcorn buds.

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

17. Looks really good!! Nice work! I bet you will do even better the 2nd time!

Cheers

18. IPhones are overated. Just my 2cents worth