First DWC Grow (Big Bud x White Widow)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by ChillyWilly5, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I will be doing this journal mainly for everyones help and feedback as this is my first hydro and DWC grow. I've grown soil twice. I was growing 3 plants under a 250W LED and pull about 1oz. each plant. I want to upgrade because I consider botany a hobby.

Set-up:
    2x4x6 Tent
    400w HPS/MH w/ Lumatek ballast
    3 x 5 Gallow DWC Buckets.
    8" Net Pots for each
    Using Growstones (Hydro store doesn't carry Hydroton)
    Will be using FF Trio + Cha Ching/Open Sesame/Beasty Bloomz for Nutes.
    Advanced Nutrients pH Up & Down
    Tap water
    6" Inline fan w/ Filter Combo

My seeds are germinating and my rockwool is soaking in pH'd water with a small bit of Nutrient solution. I hope to have a taproot tomorrow.

Any and all help would be awesome, I'll be showing some pics soon. I bought PVC to make a scrog screen to increase my yield. I am sceptical because I am wondering how tough it will be do change buckets with a net full of buds!

2. Subbed for a ride. I think you may get a bigger tent ;)

3. Eventually, but where I am now I don't have the room. So gonna do everything I can to increase yields in small spaces.

4. I started with the same tent size, and with 3 plants that quickly took over the space. If you lst or just creative prune you should be good.

5. Just purchased the Hanna combo Meter (the black pH/TDS pen) because I've heard nothing but good things about it. My seeds cracked and have about a 1mm root out. Going to wait until they have a little bit of length to place in rockwool.

The Rockwool was soaked in pH 5.0 Water with about 1mL of FF Big Bloom. Once I am ready to place in the rockwool I will make a mixture of pH'd water with a splash of superthrive (rooting hormone, used it in soil and liked it) to help my roots.

Will post pictures tomorrow!

6. I am having trouble posting pictures. I am using an iPhone but since the new iTunes getting to the photos in your iPhone seems confusing. Iphone doesn't show up in My Computer like it usually does. Still working on it.

7. Day 2 of being in the DWC bucket

IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg

Day 10

IMG_0996.jpg
    IMG_0997.jpg
    IMG_0998.jpg

The small one was a replacement since my seed got all messed up!

8. IMG_0956.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    IMG_0981.jpg

From my last soil grow! Made some killer (literally) sugar cookies.

9. My ppm is about 450.
    pH 5.6
    Water temp 65 degrees.

Going to do 4x10 day weeks of veg. Cleaning out my Buckets adding new nutes every 10 days.
    Will also be making a scrog screen.

10. They seem to be responding well after 24 hours in the new nute solution. I am doing 1/2 strength nutes with FF trio.

11. IMG_1006.jpg
    Day 12 since seed pop

IMG_1007.jpg
    Day 4 since seed pop

IMG_1008.jpg
    Day 12

First picture the plant leaf is kind of bent, other than that looks healthy.
    pH to 5.6 and raises to 6.0, never more than 6.1, stabilizes at 5.9. Rez temp about 65-68 F.

Do you think there is a problem with the plant in picture #1?

12. IMG_0971.jpg

Going to get scroggy

• Like Like x 1
  13. IMG_1016.jpg
    Day 14

IMG_1017.jpg
    Day 14

IMG_1018.jpg
    Day 6

I would say they're looking pretty good. Happy as this is my first grow and I'm trying to learn here.

Anyone see anything alarming with these babies?

14. IMG_1020.jpg

Look what came in the mail today! Pretty excited to start using these in a few weeks. I hear they do great things.

15. IMG_1024.jpg
    Day 16

IMG_1025.jpg
    Day 16

IMG_1026.jpg
    Day 8

Looking pretty good here. Res temps got a little high (74) yesterday so I threw in some ice cubes. I usually aim to keep it at 68 degrees. How high of a temp is when you should start worrying?

Looking forward to upping nute mix in a few days. Very happy for my first go around so far.

16. IMG_1027.jpg

Net installed. About 6" from the top of the Bucket. Plants only about 2" from screen.

17. What does the screen do exactly?

18. Screen trains the plant to create more tops to increase your yield.

19. Good shit I sub to this.