first deer with a bow

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by scout695, Sep 26, 2013.

1. shot this ol girl with a 93' hoyt pro advantage. shooting beman 340gr arrows 100gr g5 montec. her n 3 other does came in eatin acorns. 20 yard shot and about a 40yd recovery. killed plenty with the rifle n shotgun so to finally seal the deal with a bow was pretty special

[​IMG]

2. Good clean kill through the lungs. 

But I only aim for the head.

3. Ok animal lovers, let's all jump on ted nugent here and tell him how sick he is for posting this....

4. that's the exit hole, entry was a little high but the g5 opened her up like a hallway... ray charles could've followed the blood trail

5. want me to post a pic of all the deer i've shot in the head with a 12ga?

6. Looks tasty. nice kill. I'm not a hunter, but thought you could only kill bucks???

7. depending on where you are. here in nc we have way too many deer, most of them being does. we can shoot as many does as we wish per season.

8. No. I want you to post a pic of cooked venison with a bottle of champagne. Not a fucking doe thats been shot through the heart.

9. *through the lungs

10. #10 Old School Smoker, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
    Got any cooked venison pics?

11. I do.

Sent from my~★☆GALAX¥ $4☆★ U$ing Tapat@lk 4

12. You seem skilled with a bow... Lucky!

13. Hunting is fucking poiness unless done to survive

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #14 Michio Kaku, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013
    poor deer, i love earth and all animals, i feel connected to them immensely.
    not here to hate at all, but the only time hunting is necessary is when you live in states like Alaska where men often hunt salmon and deer to feed their families.. but doing it because you can? I would say is very wrong.. 
    Killing animals is legal, but stealing food isn't?
    I'd much rather smuggle a couple pounds of meat out of a supermarket than end the life of a creature that represents the essence of life itself. Am I wrong for this? No, I think not.

15. Don't listen to these people man. Hunting is a valuable part of our heritage and controls animal population. It is the circle of life.

I've hunted for years and as long as the animal isn't wasted then it is totally fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Lol nah I never really liked those games.

18. Deer are a nuisance in this town. If only we all could shoot them down with a bow

Happy feasting Scout.

19. Jalapeño cheddar deer sausage.  Yum 

20. where do you think that meat from the Super market came from? Animals die every day for us to eat meat. At least this deer had a chance to live which is more then cows pigs and other animals that are breed for food.

I use to hunt but I just don't like killing anymore. Nice shot op, congrats. I remember my first deer, it was a site similar to that one and I shot it with an old ass hoyt