first day of 12/12

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DonBlaze28, May 5, 2011.

1. I switched lighting cycle to 12/12 today but i think its too early. My plants are over a foot tall and theyve been vegging for bout 6 weeks in bubbler tote. Aren't pre flowers supposed to show before i change cycles? How bad is this fuck up?

2. Hi Don,

Are you calculating veg time from seed/clone, or from when they really start growing (like after the 3rd set of branches)?

Depending on your genetics, they'll continue to grow during flowering. Flowers or nanners should start showing as early as a couple days to two weeks. I don't think you did anything wrong. The plants won't show sex until they've been under 12/12 for a bit. Unless they're autos.

Looking forward to those pics! =)

Cheers,
    Past

3. No from seed its like 2 months. They started off as an experiment to see if i could germinate them. They did and i put them n the system i was practicin for. Have a look:

Attached Files:

4. Lookin good man. damn that's a big tote. but your right i wouldn't have filled all 8 lol. maybe every other one or something..i think i'm gonna end up with a few of those bubble buckets my self. But i was on HTG supply the other day and they have a pretty awesome version of the bubble bucket DWC. or w/e it is. here's the link. and don't let the size fool you. it holds four gallons and is about the size of a regular 5 gallon bucket.
    HTG Supply - WaterFarm Single Stand Alone Unit

5. Awsome stuff it looks like your on the right track. By going 12/12 your are putting a lot of things into the mix. #1 in the seedling stage 1 to 4 weeks (I mean early) sexing of the plant can begin by switching to a 12/12. Once the sex has been established and adjusted you can switch back to a 18/6 and finish the job knowing you have all girls is a plus.
    Herb

6. Thanx a lot all.