First day at a new job!

Discussion in 'General' started by GanjFarmer', Jan 31, 2013.

1. Starting my new job in about 15 minutes. I'm nervous as fuck. Wish me luck GC!

2. good luck man. i bet you'll do great :)

3. Guess I'll update it. I went and it wasn't to bad. I'm tired as all hell though.

4. so, what do you do?

5. Work at a hardware store. I don't know if anybody has ever heard of Harbor Freight Tools. I basically get a box from the shelves, restock the aisles then break down and throw out the box. Loads of fun... Oh well. It's a paycheck.

6. Good luck with the new job mate! You have to start somewhere. Post back how the first day went

7. Posted it already. But everyone is pretty cool. Don't think anyone smokes so that's something I probably won't bring up to anybody. I'm no doubt the youngest person there. Well I haven't met everybody yet so idk. It is tiring though. Gotta get up tomorrow at 3:45am so I have time to get ready and be there by 5.

8. The people who smoke may be the least you expect too. I am sure there will be a suitable time to bring up marijuana, just through casual conversation. Who knows maybe you'll find a smoking buddy out of it!

That is pretty damn early to get up, definitely a down fall. I am curious how come it takes you so long to get ready, 10 minutes is all I need :laughing:

9. I'm slow in the morning. Gotta get up make coffee, shower, all that. Oh and I have to walk. Car took a shit on me and my two feet are my only form of transportation. Gotta do what you gotta do type thing.

10. Ah they always have good sales!

11. So you know of the company? What state are you in?

12. Fair enough man, Is it a pretty far walk to work? I don't know where you live, but if its nice weather skateboard or bike to work. Save a few minutes at the very least.

13. I've heard of the comanpy OP im in jerz. I never been there or in it though

14. I walked home from work today to see how long it would take because I got a ride this morning. Took me about 20 minutes. So to be safe I'll give myself a half hour in the morning just because I'm more likely to walk a little slower because I'm still tired. And I live in Pa and the weather is fucking horrible. High wind speeds and low temps today.

15. i knowwww! i had to walk home from work in that shit.. the wind was blowing me all over the place. lmao..
    anyways, good luck with your job! and don't spend all your money in one place, mister!!

16. Harbor Freight has by far some of the shitiest tools ever made.

I feel like I stepped back in time whenever I go to that store. Its so out dated.

17. Yeah they make some cheap ass tools but hey look at the price. And they are made in china.

18. I'm in CA

19. Haha don't worry I won't. Where are you from? You feeling the same weather I am?

20. ..and that's exactly why they're shit.