First crop

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kenpachi420, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Hello everyone. Well I have been wanting to grow some marijuana for quite sometime now. My brother ordered some lowryder 2 seeds and he grew them and let some males pollinate females to get more seeds and so he gave me some buds with seeds. smoked the buds lol pretty nice high. Kept the dark seeds from what I got from them I have about 20 seeds. So last week I germinated 6 of them (paper towel method). When the rooted I got some dirt from the flower garden I have outside. got six 4 ounce wax dixie cups planted the seeds and right now only 3 have come up and another one is working its way up. I have no lights at all no grow room nothing set up. I just take them outside and let them get the morning sunlight for about 3 to 4 hours then bring them back inside and place them on a windowsill where they sit the rest of the day and night. When they sex I am going to pull the males out and get rid of em(hoping for 3 females at least). Then for about a week I am going to leave the females outside and keep a close eye on them. I have a pretty good well hidden area of woods on 2 acres of property that I can grow them on and keep them out of site from all sides. Well I guess my question here would be is that I live in the central part of Texas(near Austin) and was wondering if anyone here has ever tried growing these guys here in Texas or in hot weather and have had them survive? Well if anyone has any experience in growing in south/ central texas outdoors. I would like some in site. thanks.

2. I don't live in Texas but I've done that strain in a room with high heat and they did fine 95 degrees. I fed every other day and plain water in between to keep heat stress down. They did fine. The only prob u might have is humidty. I'd go for it..

3. I forgot to say that my brother grew them indoors.

4. You won't have any problems. I grew outdoors for years in a hot climate here in Oz.
    Just keep the water up to them.

5. Yea that's one thing i'm worried about because of my job during the week sometimes I am not home for 3 or 4 days out of the week and I don't have any water source out on my property. Does anyone know of a way I could still give the plants water without having to be there? I want to try to avoid leaving anything out there by the plants because military helicopters fly over my house a lot coming from the airport. Does anyone know if military helicopters look for plants growing in fields? I believe they are army helicopters.

6. Once the plants are well established, you can get away with weekly watering. The fringe benefit is that you leave less tracks for the thieves to follow. (I was in an area known as the green triangle - thieves and choppers were the norm.)
    Generally, with outdoor growing, I used to have a good year when it rained a lot and a bad year when it didn't. (I grew a lot of plants and couldn't keep the water up as well as I would have liked.)
    Can't comment on the military choppers, except to say that here in Oz, they only use police choppers for dope searches. (And 4-wheel drives and dirt bikes.)

7. #7 DankSeeker, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2011
    Mulch them real good. It will help with evap and water retention. If it wasn't for the copters, I'd suggest a couple 5 gal buckets with a few small holes in the bottom that will allow them to leak out over a few days.
    If you have a way to hide a couple buckets nearby and at a higher elavation,(tree, brush pile). Install a couple small valves (in case one fails) at the bootom to regulate flow and run a few lines to the plant.
    I've seen tree watering bags advertised, that you fill with water, place around the base of the plant and it slowly leaks out over the course of a few days. Seems that they had different sizes. I thought you could use an inner tube and do the same thing. Get a large inner tube and a cut it so it becomes a large cylider tube instead of a donut with the valve in the middle. Take a couple zip ties or similar and tie off the cut ends. Shouldn't take too much to rig up an adapter to losely fill with water. A little pressure could lead to busting when you put the holes in , so I'd be careful not to overfill.. A few pins holes on the bottom should be enough, but I would pretest to find the right flow. Place around plant. May have to dig it in and cover with debris, much, etc.
    Might find something useful in my ramblings.
    GoodLuck. As far as the choppers go; my gut feeling tells me that it shouldn't be a problem.

8. #8 Wardrobe, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2011
    You can also invert bottles of water and poke the necks into the ground at the base of the plants. The size of the bottles will determine how long they last.

Water crystals is a good idea, too.

Also, if you're using fencing, (I had to for wallabies and kangaroos), don't set it up in straight lines. Keep the sides nice and crooked and it's harder to see from the air.

9. Yea well I am only going to have or hope to have 3 plants out there so they wont be in rows. I already have the spot scouted out gets nice sun during the morning and some shade in the evening, and most of the grass out there has grown up 3 feet tall and lowryders don't get but 1' to 2' tall from what i hear, and like i said if these don't grow I have more seeds I can germinate. If they do pretty well I will take pics and post em up here. The inner-tube idea sounds good and cheap ha ha. Right now I am just going to see if they will grow out there. If they do then maybe i'll plant some more out there. I am only growing for personal use. Thanks for the tips I appreciate it.