First Coco grow, please help

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Aeros, Dec 7, 2018.

1. 1st attempt using coco can someone please tell me what these spots are? I know there is slight nute burn, I have flushed them and gave them a 1/4 strength feeding (Lucas formula using advanced nutrients micro, bloom, and cal mag) ph is 5.82, solution temp 64.5f, temp at canopy is 78f ambient room temp is 70f. 1544163063287.jpg 1544163093022.jpg 1544163142881.jpg 1544163161986.jpg 1544163193777.jpg

Sent from my LGMS550 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Where’s ur perlite

3. Honestly didn't think I had to use any with the coco, I ususaly grow in promix and add perlite to it but thought the coco was good to go without it.

4. How often do you water, they look dry. The spotting looks like Cal deficiency, so I would increase that, also Epsom salt if your not adding that. Keep the Coco moist, pH water with 1 tsp of Epson per gallon , water, water, water, feed. It works well for me, and I would add perlite next time, 50/50 works well.

5. Definitely Perlite so you can feed daily. Large pots of coco with no aeration take awhile to dry out. Coco does best with small pots and 1-2 times daily feeds at low ppms.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Currently watering once a day using Advanced Nutrients using Lucas formula, 6ml/gal jungle juice micro, 9ml/gal jungle juice bloom, 8ml/gal sensi cal mag extra.

Solution when mixed is ph 5.82, temp 64.7f

Flower tent is 5x5 running 2x 6" in line fans one for intake one for exhaust, 1x 1000w air cooled HPS,1x oscillating wall mounted fan secured to grow tent with zip ties and ratchet light hangers so I can raise and lower the fan as the plants grow. Currently running "Blue Kush" from "B. O. G."

Veg is 4x4 tent with 1x 4 foot 8 bulb hydrofarm T5, oscillating fan and 6" in line for exhausting heat.

Window a/c to keep the room at 68f which keeps the inside of the tents at 72f-80f

7. What I have discovered, is that they like a couple of waterings a day, presently 12 oz per plant or until I get run off, don't forget to add some Epson salt, 1/2 to 1 Tsp per gallon.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. If you’re running drain to waste, I have a nutrient suggestion.

Masterblend 4-18-38

It’s a three part, Calcium Nitrate, magnesium sulfate, and the Masterblend base. $35 for 12.5 lbs so waste all you want

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks for the suggestion, currently using HR Veg + Bloom 8-5-13, and Shine for Bloom. 35 bucks is a good price. Do you use it straight through Veg and flower?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yep. With the calcium Nitrate being seperate, I lower that to 1g per 5gallons after the stretch to reduce N buildup. Mag sulfate can also be adjusted up and down as the plant matures it likes sulfur.

It’s only like 6g calcium nitrate, 6g Masterblend base, 3g magnesium sulfate per 5 gallons. I add silica during veg, and flower Fuel weeks 3-6 in flower

• Like Like x 1
  11. Awesome, I do appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Anytime brother

• Like Like x 1
  13. S2C i will probably look into these nutes down the line once this canna coco stuff empties out

• Like Like x 1