First Closet Grow On a Budget

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by InDiClosetBud, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Hello everyone! This is my first grow. I am also very new to the forums so please give feedback as needed. I love constructive criticism. My closet is 2 foot wide by 4 foot long by 6 foot tall. I am currently using 4 LED daylight bulbs for veg right now. Custom made light panel made out of cardboard and aluminum foil tape. Unsure of the wattage and kelvin output. Looking to upgrade to an beginner level LED light once funds are available. Any suggestions on a light for a first time grower please leave feedback. Here are some pictures plants are 2 weeks and 3 days old

Some other specs:
    1 gal pots

Pro-Mix soil and added perlite and vermiculite with a dash of worm castings

Low 60s upper 70s temp and usually 25-40% humidity

Week 2 fed 1/4 tbsp per gal of GrowBig and a dash of CalMag.

Both plants are bag seeds. Unsure of strain.

View attachment 2745217 View attachment 2745218 View attachment 2745219

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Laucass83, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Growing cannabis is a fantastic hobby and it's also a great thing to be self sufficient of. Congratulations on your first grow!!
    Now your biggest piece of the puzzle is gonna be your light, Get a REAL grow light. For your space you will need about 250 watts out of the wall of good LED or HID.
    For now you need to bring your humidity and temps higher! Try to hang a wet towel and put a small fan it will do wonder. Try to warm up the space with more light or a heater. The best advice is to be passionate about your new hobby and take time to read as much info as you can.
    Sadly I cannot see your pictures the way they got uploaded.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tips when buying LED's:
    - don't trust the wattage they say, it's almost always BS. The marketing is very misleading.
    - look for the actual wattage in the fine print
    - aim for 30-40 actual watts per sq/ft.
    - see what the flowering area is. There will be some made specifically for a 2x4 area.
    - don't buy blurples. They're cheap but they're old technology. There's much better stuff out there now.

Example, a Mars Hydro TS1000 is not a 1000W equivalent. It's actually only 150W and made for a 2x2 grow area. Don't get me wrong it's a nice light, I have one, but it's not a 1000 like most people will assume. An actual 1000W HID is made for a 4x4.

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you can spring the $150 or higher you will be buying a better light but older LEDs get way too much hate. At $70 you are getting a decent light that was worth hundreds a few years ago. China is a competitor to America's bullshit and they don't need to be embargoed just because they don't care about intellectual property. I'm using the Maxsisun MU1000 with great results. Be a smart consumer and consider all options.