First CFL grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gijoe262, Feb 4, 2013.

1. #1 gijoe262, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
    Hey all,

This is my first attempt at growing, after plenty of time spent reading the forums here (Thanks to all who have contributed, looking at you Kamel!). Since I am a total amatuer I thought I would post some pics of the plants and my setup and hope for some helpful comments from the awesome grasscity community!

Pics of the plants are below. These are two Blueberry strain plants rescued from a kitchen where they had been kept as house plants (part of why they are so lanky), so in addition to being my first grow it's also kind of a rescue operation. Got them in regular potting soil, giving them 20 hours of light a day, almost exclusively 6500K except for a lone 2700K bulb trained on their stems (See pics). Been giving them half strength nutes (Sensi bloom A+B) every other watering. My plan has been to veg them for at least a few more weeks to get them healthy before switching them over to 12-12 and 2700K.

I would really appreciate any helpful comments on the plants or setup, some of the leaves look kinda funky to me but I'm not knowledable enough to even have a suspicion so I tried to close up on them. Thanks a lot all!

Attached Files:

2. cut the nutes, go light on the water adding a little only if it improves with the first watering, is it wilted from heat or overwatering?if overwatered and soil is moist cut all water until it improves

3. Thanks for the advice! Yeah it's probably over watering, the closet I keep them in probably gets up to 80 at highest. I'll cut off water for a while and see if they perk up, thanks!

4. np..good luck and ask if ya need anything else