First CFL grow, bagseed, closet setup, LST

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by HalfBakedJap, Jun 20, 2010.

1. #1 HalfBakedJap, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2010
    So this is my first grow, started out with 8 seeds of bag seed (beasters) and I've been growing them until here, I'm roughly 3-4 weeks in on a 24 hour light cycle (6 26w CFL). Have 5 plants, about 3 inches tall and growing at a reasonable rate. I've been feeding them while watering every 2 days with some pretty neutral miracle grow, which I recently heard was not good for plants. Just experimenting with this one as it's my first grow, plan to take one mother for clones. Any tips will be appreciated! Also plan on posting pics regularly so everyone can keep up.

Attached Files:

2. Just added 4 more 26w daylight cfl's and transplanted each plant to their own container

3. I can tell you this, (which you already seem to know)....

The miracle grow...I had 2 plants, 1 in hydro and 1 in miracle grow, during veg, the miracle grow plant took off fast and looked to be the winner, then as soon as it came time to flower, the ferts in the soil were the wrong ratios and the plant quickly dried up and died.

People will tell you to use fox farm ocean organic some kinda soil. I've also found that if you don't want to make that investment, or if it's not available nearby, that you may be able to use this stuff from lowe's which has no ferts. Just go in and ask for a bag of topsoil w/ no fertilizer. It's like less than $3.

I could be wrong, I'm no expert, but that's what I know, (or at least think I know)

Good luck w/ those plants sir, and I wish you a large and stinky harvest.

4. Here's a picture of them since the transplant, and the added cfl's

And a question about lst, I figured I would let them root themselves well for a day or so, then do a straight 90 bend. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

5. I'd make sure the roots are strong enough for the bend, and just go slow and easy till you've got it where you need it.

There's a thing some people do called supercropping, (i think) where they bend the stalks till they almost break, then they heal back stronger and apparently grow significantly larger buds.

I suppose that's probably stressful for the plant, but it works sometimes. I dunnooooo maaaannnnnnn...

6. They're a little stressed today from the transplant, but tomorrow, im going to bend them all the way over and secure them with paperclips.

7. Nice. Just keep posting those pics. It wont be long before you're chopping this all down to smoke.