First Bowl From First Harvest!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shbbymosh60, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I just smoked the first bowl from my first harvest ever:bongin:
    It is an unknown strain/bag seed that is sativa dominant. This grow was done just to practice. To learn how before I start investing any money on my future grows. I do have to say that the majority of my success was due to GC:gc_rocks:
    By following some of the guides and grow journals I was not only able to grow a fairly decent amount of smoke-able herb but was actually able to grow some herb that was better that the batch that it came from:D (my opinion may be slightly biased though:rolleyes:)

I have decided to attach a few links the some of the specific threads that I found helpful

Trichome Color

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-marijuana/666373-guide-when-harvest.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-marijuana/424138-simple-harvest-cure-step-step.html

Also, I followed Skunky Monkey's last grow journal (I believe that thread has been moved now)

Just wanted to share this with all of you and say thanks to GC:gc_rocks:

And by the way I'm fucking ripped right now:D:metal::D:metal::D:metal:

2. congratulations. hard work paid off. get some genetics now that you have had a successful grow. the tude provides well. surely did right following skunky.. he's a tall blade. enjoy.. :smoking:

3. Haha EXACTLY the same shit with me :)
    Glad to hear about your successful grow!!
    Got any pics? How many plants? What was the yield?

4. Another first time harvester here. I ended up pulling a little early due to a hermie, but got 1/4lb off my first grow of bagseed. All thanks to the GC!

Specially those senior members that take time to answer questions in the beginners forum. Just from reading here during my first grow, I already notice the same questions over and over again. I know that gets old sometimes. For the experienced guys to take time to answer all our questions is awesome.

5. No Pics and just one plant at the moment. I have two more that should be finishing up in a couple more weeks. For the one plat, the yield was ~ 25 grams.

6. ^ Correction on that. I was guessing based on the one branch I had harvested to taste and check ripeness. When I harvested the entire plant, it turned out being 35.6 grams

7. Congrats bro, it feels good to inhale the fruits of your labor! Grow on

8. So as stated before this is my first harvest. Now I'm not sure if this is normal but I was a little self conscious about the quality. I knew it tasted awesome and smelled great. But even more importantly got me ripped. But, as I said previously, my opinion on the weed is definitely biased. So I took 4 joints with me out to a party last night. The party was awesome. Big ass bonfire, live music and lots of beer. And when I busted out my pill bottle that I was holding all the joints in a couple of heads turned because of the smell. Anyway, long story short, everyone loved it and everyone was saying how awesome it was and was asking where I got it. Since I didn't really know any of them I just said I got it from a friend (I didn't want to tell anyone that I grew and will continue to grow).
    Just felt like sharing that with you guys.

9. smart move... never tell anybody. i myself have a good "connect" as far as anybody knows.

10. Congratz!!!!

Being biased about your home grown deliciousness is cool. Nothing wrong with it. After the party I bet you were mentally smiling from ear to ear. "yeah, I grew that! And its awesome!! I've got it and you don't."

Job well done!!

11. ^ Yeah, I must say that it was an awesome feeling

12. That is a "success" in my book!

I'm going to start flowering in a couple of days for my first indoor grow. I want that feeling!!

13. Congratz man! Always well worth it in the end.

cheers.

14. good to hear! lets see some pics next time

15. These are the best pics I have. Sorry for the lack of quality. Probably gonna get a new camera for for the holidays.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. It is an awesome feeling.

Thanks man.

17. :hello:
    start a GJ next time and I'll follow along