First bong help. Weed Star Glass or Acrylic?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Hooked0NChronic, Jun 12, 2009.

1. #1 Hooked0NChronic, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
    Ok so I am going to buy my first bong off of EDIT soon. The highest I will pay AFTER shipping is $50. I have narrowed it down to two different bongs:

Weed Star Slick Rick (Glass) Weed Star Glass Bong - Slick Rick - Online Shop
    http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/weed_star_slick_rick2.jpg

Black Leaf Ice Twist Bubbler (Acrylic) http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/products_water_bongs_acrylic_black_leaf_bubble_blue.jpg
    http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/products_water_bongs_acrylic_black_leaf_bubble_blue.jpg

Note that I am going to community college and still live with my parents. I figure hiding the acrylic will be easier cause it wont brake as easy. But my main question is, does the better taste and easier clean really outweigh the ice and bubble functions?

I figured I would hide it in an old backpack in my closet. Please give your opinion on what one would serve me better, or just vote. If you own either of these bongs please give feedback on it. Thanks.

2. Bump. Cmon. I need the city's help on my first bong.

3. One word, Ehle.

4. Get the weed star, it's nicer to have glass on glass so don't waste your money on acrylic. I don't know which one you are saying has the ice/ bubble function because I'm pretty sure you'll be able to fit ice in both, and both will "bubble". Those weed star bongs are pretty tough though so I wouldnt worry about breaking it, and as far as storage just wrap it up with a towel or something and it'll be straight. Hope this helps

5. Ok thanks. I was leaning towards the weedstar cause I know glass is better overall. To clarify, the acrylic bong has the ice and the bubbler, while the weedstar has neither. But as you said, glass on glass is better.

6. Hey, before you buy weedstar, if your on edit, check out the 250 or 100 ml Ehle glass.. great stuff and it should last longer than a weedstar.

I've heard numerous bad reports about weedstars arriving with broken shit in the mail.. or first use/first couple uses breaking it but i've never personally dealt with the glass myself.. Course if you treat it well it shall treat you well. :smoking:

7. Trust me I would go with Ehle glass...but unfortunately I can only spend $50 after s&h on this bong, and even the cheapest EHLE bongs will go over. :(

8. go for the weedstar..there not as bad as everyone says i own one myself and im happy with it

9. Yeah I have heard some great reviews from people who have taken care of their weedstars. What model do you have?

10. i got the puncher ice..its 2 feet wit ice pinches cost like $70 or summin after shipping and i think it was worth it

11. Glass FOR SURE. dont buy that plastic crap, get an ehle(or weedsatr if you really want but ehle is much better)

12. I'd take an acrylic over that weedstar. but honestly in this price range you should be looking at EHLE.