First bong ever questions.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by BenMD, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Hi everybody,

Thanks in advance for reading my post. I just bought my first bong, with hopes of enjoying it enough to replace my frequent joint smoking with bong rips. [P016] 19 inch Dome Over Double Disc Perc: Preemo Glass - TheSmokesman.com

I’m not sure that I’m filling it properly with water. I also can’t figure out which style of perc this is. The website lists it as “double disc perc” - but research on the types of percs doesn’t find any results that look like what’s in this thing - to me at least.

I’m also wondering if it’s normal that some plant/ash would come up through the percs and specks of it are visible in the percs and up through the tube.

Thanks!

2. Tell us how, and how much you are filling it, for answers.
    Expect resin to make its way higher than you would expect!

3. It looks like a regular dome perc with some disc/turbine percs around it.

you should fill the percs to just above the holes in the stem of the dome perc

and you should just cover the diffuser holes of the down stem at the base

yes thats normal.

dont be lazy, change your bong water once or twice a day.

4. Sorry it’s taken me so long to reply. To answer questions:

I’ve been using ice water to fill the just above the percs by pouring down the mouthpiece. I do this with the bong at an angle, and slowly, otherwise sometimes ALL of the water going to the percs will just drain into the base. After, I fill the base by removing the down stem and pouring in through there.

At least once a day I run hot water through the entire unit, as well as through the bowl and downstem. This removes most resin. I wash the bowl several times a day. Every few days I’ll run orange chron through it, and it gleams after.

The first few days I found it rough with coughing and timing - as I said, never owned a bong before and didn’t do them even if offered. Now that I’m finding it a bit easier, I do have one other question. Anybody I’ve ever seen take a hit from a bong does it all in one haul - burn the bowl, pull it, and take all the smoke in one hit. I’m obviously still not used to it, and don’t have any breath left to get the smoke after I burn the bowl lol. So what I’ve been doing is burning the bowl (filling the base). Take a breath. Then pull the smoke from the base, through the percs, and into my lungs. Aside from the occasional cough later it seems to work? Is this ok for now to take the breath in between and be letting the smoke sit in the base for a few seconds to take the second breath?

Attached Files: