first beat made on fl studio

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by BongBeforeBeer, Feb 26, 2012.

1. thought I would share it with you guysszzszssz.

If you wanna rap to it be my guest haha but it's not very good. I kinda jagged the guitar bit from Words are Weapons by D12 but I really don't give a fuck cause I like the way it sounds.

Let me know what you guys think though, and remember there's a difference between constructive criticism and being a douche :smoke:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ytv-e0PUY&feature=plcp&context=C3685ca1UDOEgsToPDskL0oMXDXt4f2h9mQOI61iTN]Dark Hip Hop Instrumental - YouTube[/ame]

2. it's iight lol

3. could do with some bass

slightly cleaner drums. also a bit more intresting drums in general. the odd cymbal crash/fill wouldnt hurt.

also not really feeling the actual sound of the "guitar" - maybe some eq'ing/change of balance between it and the drums. also maybe a little switch up in the pattern every so many bars or somthing just for a bit of variation.

for a first beat it's not bad, i'd just try to make it a bit more happening/sonically pleasing. that type of shit makes the difference between bland and amateur beats and proffesional sounding shit.

keep at it, master the program, learn some production techniques and you'll improve in no time man.

4. Definitely better than I expected for a first beat, and it was refreshing not to hear the same rehashed Lex Luger shit I keep hearing all the time. Like the guy above me said, just keep at it and keep learning all you can. Youtube how to master, mix, compress, get swing to the drums, and make sure to download lots of kits and whatnot to add to your library of sounds. In the long run, your beats will start to sound more professional as you learn more and find crisper and cleaner sounds to use. Keep it up! :smoke:

5. #5 BongBeforeBeer, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
    thanks for the wise words fellas :) and yes I hate the modern Lex Luger type shit.

I'd LOVE to learn the Premo style boom bap but I'm ever so slowly getting there

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ANsb44aZw&feature=plcp&context=C3685ca1UDOEgsToPDskL0oMXDXt4f2h9mQOI61iTN[/ame]

I just made this. I don't like it really but you learn from your mistakes :)

6. Already making progress man. But don't rush a beat, that's one critical point I've learned. The longer I take with a beat to perfect it, (hell even something as minor as the volume or panning), the better it turns out in the long run. One good way to test this is to try rapping over your own beats, as I've learned. Keep at it! I recommend purchasing an MPC keyboard, as well as getting kits from this site. This a good site to start, I've gotten some really good lead instruments and that Premo sound you're going for with the drums from this site:

Beat Production - Free Sound Kits and Tutorials for FL Studio and Reason, Music Related Articles and Reviews.

7. Definitely not bad for your first beats. Mine were much worse lmao