First Bagseed grow!I have questions+journal

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CarpenterJohn, Jul 16, 2012.

1. i am new to this but have been doing alot of studying but one thing i cant seem to get is how to keep a plant small. My space is about 2x2x2 and my State is not okay with it so i am limited to this box for fear of the long arm of the law.i have alot of sprouts but i only plan to keep one fine ass female. Any tips on keeping a plant within the space i have and still get a decent yeild? Also what kind of yeild should i expect assuming i do everythin correctly? Lastly how is my setup? 100watts cfl in all and lost of airflow.

Attached Files:

2. alright, a few things.

1) I understand your growing situation, but if there's anyway you can give yourself more room to grow, that would be ideal. Your plants will NEED to be taller than 2 feet.

2) It's impossible to know at this point how big your plants will be, especially since it's bagseed. The likelihood is that they will be indicas, which is a good thing.

3) You can't grow multiple plants in the same pot. They're grow, their roots will get entangled, and they will start competing with each other. They could even kill each other off.

4) You don't have anywhere close to enough light. This will work fine for seedlings, but be aware that you will need 100 watts per plant, plus 50 for each additional plant. It doesn't matter if a CFL bulb that's 23 watts says it's the "equivalent" of 100 watts. It's not. 23x4=92.

5) Out of the plants you're growing, what happens if you get 3 females? Are you going to kill 2, and keep the best one? What if that one female hermies on ya? What if it has problems later on in harvest? At minimum, I always try to go with 2 females per grow.

6) The best way to maximize your yield and to keep the size of your plant down is with training techniques. do some research here on how to do lst'ing or SCROG'ing. Before you do that, learn to supercrop and correctly top your plants. You do this in veg, so don't worry about it right now. This will make for a shorter bushier plant instead of a tall one.

7) More light = more bud. More light also equals shorter plants. Less light equals taller leggy plants.

8) You can limit your total plant height by cutting back how long you veg.

3. thank you sisterstorm. that multiple pot thing was only to sprout seedlings..i dont like waiting for germination i just throw em in soil and let em pop out. I decided to keep 2 plants and thanks for the lst and scrog suggestion those are exactly what kind of info i was looking for. Much respect and appreciation for your help

4. #4 CarpenterJohn, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
    Had an idea for a little bit of light reflecting action haha. Just a loop of computer paper:)

Also is it normal for the baby fan leaves stretch up like that? They were more spread out when they were just coming out.

Attached Files:

5. These little warriors are gettin' bigger each day:smoke:

Attached Files:

6. I agree with all your points except this one :wave: :smoke:

7. looking nice CJ... what kind of soil do you have there? the right soil mix can really boost your yield...

8. You can grow two plants in one pot, but it's really a bad idea and 2 plants in separate pots will grow faster guaranteed.

9. No they won't.

10. I think i know what hope2toke is saying.. if the pot your going to grown in is the size of a bathtub than yes u can grow 2 plants in there.. but if your using a 5 gallon bucket and u plant two plants in there your asking for trouble.

11. Thanks guys, im definitely not going to grow more than one in a pot. Believe t or not but that pic with a bunch of sprouts was me just tossing seed in soil and hoping for sprouts instead of germinating and it turned out to be overwhelmingly effective haha.

12. [quote name='"hope2toke"']looking nice CJ... what kind of soil do you have there? the right soil mix can really boost your yield...[/quote]

My soil is ffof with a bit of extra worm castings and perlite I mixed in. Im trying to go nutrientless but I know at one point I will have to use nutes