First Auto in Coco grow

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Farlay partay, Aug 26, 2020.

1. This is my first time growing autos in Coco coir and I'm having an issue with both plants and I'm also having issues with my photoperiod plant I thought it was a calcium problem but I really don't know any more I'm using general hydroponics Flora trio and sensi cal-mag Xtra, the temp is around 70°- 85° ( kind of hot ) I'm using a Mars Hydro TS 1000w in auto tent and a Apelila 2000w for photoperiod tent I'm growing 1 VIP Taison auto, Purple Haze auto, and a Sky Walker Ghost + Triangle Kush ( 20200826_012549.jpg 20200826_012549.jpg photo)

Attached Files:

2. Walk me through your feeding schedule and how much you’re watering.

did you precharge your coco and what’s the PH of your mix?
    Tap or RO water?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I water every 2 days, my previous pH meter was reading wrong and I was PHing around 5.5 instead of 6.5 but for the last week or so it's been 6.5 I'm using mother Earth Coco ( I used as is ) and I've been using distilled water and I was using a gallon to feed them all now I'm using a half gallon

4. I use Mother Earth coco too; it’s wonderful stuff.

Now let’s fix a few things before I ask more questions.

In veg, you want to shoot for 5.5-6 PH.
    In bloom, shoot for 6.0-6.5 PH.

usually sitting around 6.0 is ideal.

Also, your plants needs water. More water than what they’d need in soil. You are basically running hydroponics and it should be treated as such.
    That said, you NEED to water at least 1x a day to at least 10-20% runoff. 2x is a little better. And the older they get, the more frequent waterings, the more they’ll appreciate it.

Now, you are using distilled water. You NEED to add calcium/magnesium. I would start at 5ML per gallon to get your coco caught up, then taper down as soon as you see deficiencies clear up.

My guess is that you didn’t properly pre charge your coco and that’s created a deficiency. Just water a lot and keep your medium very moist. Things will turn around very shortly.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thank you so much for the help I'm going to be on it today and I will definitely be updating it on here

• Like Like x 1
  6. I agree with almost everything you said.
    I assume when you say "water", you mean feed?
    Also, Mother Earth coco is buffered and can be used right out of the bag without pre-charging........I never have to pre-charge anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah lol water is always feed for me :)

And I thought so too, but I had a bit of a cal/mag def when I didn’t pre charge my Mother Earth this year.

• Like Like x 2
  8. #8 Smoketoke79, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Glad I found this post. How much water should I be feeding a 3 gal fabric pot? I messed up at the very beginning and wasn’t using enough cal mag and probably not enough watering. One of my girls is suffering early but hopefully it all the new growth is good. So basically now at week 2-3 ive been feeding every 2-3 days with a full gallon. I will start watering daily. I use cal mag and the GH fseries. Micro /grow /bloom. I watered my sickly girl today using a full gallon with about 550 ppm and 5.8 PH. The runoff was 400 ppm and 6.4 PH. So basically is a gallon per feeding sufficient? And why is my PH higher coming out. Thanks . this is also a autoflower in mother earth coco perlite mix 70/30. Mars hydro 1k led. Any good links on what the target ppm should be throughout the life cycle? Sorry for the thread hijack I thought this was a different thread.

9. Here’s a outline for you

D4B8897F-EF1B-4618-9AF4-59074AA67685.jpeg

If you feed only once a day, I’d shoot for somewhere around these numbers above. But if you are doing multiple feeds a day, you can shoot for a little lower PPMs.
    Just keep in mind this a general schedule and not strain specific , so read your plants and adjust accordingly.

10. Thank you! How about watering? Is there a rule of thumb for coco? Per gallon of medium.

11. You want to get run off to 10-20 % if you are watering just once. If you are doing multiples, you can just water to where you know it’s fully saturated. The 10-20% is to help not get a ton of salt build up. No general rule, the coco just loves to stay moist, so if you can ensure that, you’ll see killer results.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I grow in 3 gallon smart pots in coco
    10 litres of water does 4 plants perfectly with runoff on week 6 veg
    I water once a day every day

13. Sorry for the delay and thanks everybody for the tips they really helped I'm slowly seeing a difference in my girls

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. I started doing a little lsting on all my girls. I tucked all the big leaves in my autoflower tent and defoliated and topped my photoperiod plant. I also started 2 new girls ( Maui Waui and dark devil auto ) and I'm using Dr Earth dry fertilizers

Attached Files:

15. I can see a big difference. They're slowly coming back to health

• Like Like x 1
  16. Good luck with that in coco.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Another update there doing great plan on putting my autos in a bigger tent there growing nicely and the photo period plant ( Skywalker ghost x Triangle Kush ) is really starting to impress me

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Are you using a 12/12 light schedule for the auto?

19. No for the moment I'm using 24/0 until I see preflower then I'm using 18/6