First auto-grow, looking for advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Punky_Brewster, Nov 13, 2019.

1. These are my first autos and they’re going great so far but today I watered one of them and it sort of fell over. Nothing too serious, because it’s sprouting lots of nice leaves, but I think the soil sunk down around it and it couldn’t support itself.

So I propped it back up, but I’ve also lowered the light.

My question is by this picture how are they looking? The stem seems a bit thin, but I think they’re growing nicely. These are almost 2 weeks old. I’m using LEDs

IMG_6930.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Akinnamon94, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    They look good! Just add some more soil so the stem is buried a bit more and has some more support if you're worried about it falling over some more!

Do you have any fans blowing on it? That will help strengthen the stem :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Thanks so much! So I just did that to all of them!

Since they’re only like a week old, I didn’t put a fan in. I’ll go do that right now. :)

4. That will definitely help them out!

Other then that they look great :love-mj2:

• Like Like x 1
  5. You guys are always so helpful.

I’ve just added an oscillating fan, and they’re now getting movement. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Yep, Akin took care of ya with their answers. How often are you watering...and how much?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well, I’ve learned my lesson this summer in overwatering, so right now it’s about twice per week, strictly water (no Nutes yet), and I’m watering about 300ml.

I like the soil to be dry before I water again, but ultimately I just really pay attention to what the plant is telling me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah, he definitely got you covered, they look great! If I may add one thing, but it sounds like you're a smart person, gentle breeze at this point, and keep in mind that more air flow, the faster your soil will dry, fabric pots a little more so. Nothing dramatic, but you'll notice a difference. Now with that in mind, the top part of the soil will dry way before the inner soil, so check at depth before watering. That's my two cents. Good luck, looking good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. I personally would be using more water.......and nutes...............but that's if they were my plants.

10. Thanks!! I really appreciate this form. As a female, there aren’t a lot of us growing, so I find it a little intimidating to go into a hydroponic store and ask these questions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. No problem........that's what we are here for! :love-m3j::passing-joint:

12. I was going to start Nutes this weekend. What I read was to wait 1-2 weeks after germination before Nutes.

13. In soil I usually start nutes around week 3! Most soils designed for growing cannabis have enough nutrients in them to cover the first few weeks! I start at week 3 with half-strength and by week 4 I'm going full strength

Plus I don't even grow autos so if I did I would be even more careful! If you make one mistake with autoflowers you can effect the yeilds you'll get

14. Noted! :D

15. I always go from seed package.....so when I take the seed out of the package and plant it...thats when I start counting days........and I usually start feeding my auto's around day 12-14...which means my plant has been "popped" for about 10 or so days.

16. That’s about where I’m at. Today is day 13, and I’m supposed to water tomorrow, so Nutes it is!

• Like Like x 1
  17. I’m also a first time grower and also with auto flower. I definitely had some setbacks and from pics I see of other peoples plates. Those setbacks resulted in massive stunt in growth. Tomorrow will be week 4 for me since sprouted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Hey, that's what the first time is all about............ya learn quite a bit on your first grow........learn and do better your next grow........before you know it..........you will be KILLIN IT

19. I figure since I didn’t gain much in height I should try to spread it out as much as possible. But then again maybe it’s to much and hurting me more. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk