First attempt at growing ever

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xcraighebert, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Im new to growing, I have no previous experience so bear with me please.
    I want to grow outside with my friend, we have a perfect spot in mind.
    Its away from people,animals and streetlights so it will get sunlight and then have a undisturbed night cycle as well. The spot is also hidden very well, only me and my friend know about it.
    Basically all I need is to plant the seeds in good quality soil, let it get sunlight and water daily right? Kinda like growing fruits or veggies?
    Also when should I begin to harvest my crop?

2. no you don't water daily. you water every 4 or 5 days depending on how much soil your working with and how big your plant is.
    you flower when there's less then 12 hours of light in the day.
    read the stickies at the top of each section and they will give you a lot of info. go to the outdoor growing section and read the stickies there.

3. alright thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction.ill +rep if i find out how :p and I didn't mean literally water every day, i was just saying, basically all you need to grow weed is sunlight, soil and water right?

4. some organic ferts is recommended and definitely a ph meter.

5. I totally understand the organic fert part but why would I need a ph meter?

6. Too low / too high of ph will lock-out nutes. 6.5-6.8 is fine for ph.

Also you could find some ph test strips.. better then nothing for testing your waters ph..

7. Yup. Always adjust the ph of your water before you water your plant and if it's in a pot you should check the ph of the runoff.

8. I figured out that nute is nutrient but am still unsure about what runoff is.
    Im not sure if i need to know what it is because i am planning on planting my
    seeds in ground and not in a pot anyways.

9. he means water that goes through your soil and comes out at the bottem of the pot you're growing in.