Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Attempt At A Tincture

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by H8tter, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Hey GC, i was wondering if i could get some advice on my first attempt at a tincture.

I've been using a volcano vaporizer for years now and I've recently accumulated about 1/4lb (maybe more, didn't weight it) of Vaporized buds. I had a relative distill me a half gallon of some 170 proof Moonshine. I soaked the vaporized (ground up) bud in the Everclear for 30 days and then strained the liquid through a coffee filter.

My questions are...
    1. Does anyone have experience using vaporized cannabis when making a tincture? How does it come out?
    2. Based on the quantities i used, what kind of dosage size should i experiment with?
    3. Are there any additional steps i need take before the product is finished?
    4. Does it store well? How long does it stay potent?

Any input would be appreciated

2. How much everclear did you put in? Did u shake daily and shit? How much did it yield?

3. #3 H8tter, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
    I used the entire half gallon with the 1/4lb+ of bud, haven't measured what i got out of it, the stuff is very sticky! I agitated it once a week. Kinda dropped the ball on that part.

*Edit*
    I got about a quart out of the process. It's SUPER DARK colored!

4. You used 112 grams with 64 oz of alcohol. I believe you want atleqst a 1:1 so that should be fine. I'm about to make a glycerin tincture but only with about a half oz and ok letting it sit for 60 days or so.

5. What should a dose be? A drop? 5 drops? half shot? full shot? Do you try to sublingual it first or just swallow?

6. I would do one drop under tongue and go from there

7. Evaporate your alcohol by half and then you'll have a decent potency. You're using abv so it's not going to be as strong as fresh weed would be. Start with a few drops and if that doesn't work do some more. If you can stand the taste, try sublingual, but I would put it in a drink. :)

8. Let us know how it turned out and how many drops you took.

9. Take a half shot on an empty stomach and hope for the best... should be fun lol