first 1 plant grow scenario

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Countdown, Dec 15, 2008.

1. i need help haha
    the pics on the bottom are my design setup....yes im gunna try and grow inside my computer...idc if i dont get a good yield or my bud will suck...i just wanna try and grow.
    the pot that i have normal soil in is 5 inches in diameter all around and apprx 2inches filled with soil

I have a seed thats germinating now and im prayin for a female haha

Im planning to rig a 100 watt florescent bulb to shine right above the plant.....problem is i can only have it around 6 inches above the soil(but if my plant is actually growing i can cut out some metal and get about 2 more inches up there ha)

So whataya think? im gonna try and use the Low Stress Training method with this and maybe rig up a scrog setup after i circle around using the LST

so i have:
    5in-pot+soil
    100 watt fluroscent light above pot+soil
    7 and 1/2 inches of approximate "vertical" grow room
    and paper clips for the LST

I feel pretty confident with this setup but i know my chances of yielding any weed is slim.
    Any tips or tricks to help with my plant would be great to hear.
    and if any1 knows of any other materials i need to make this work PLEASE tell me what i need haha....thank u for reading and please help...i need your input!

Attached Files:

2. I have never experienced a pc case grow before. But I hope that the guts would be coming out of that computer. I would get a bigger old school computer to do this with. Then do a scrog in there. I really admire you taking the time to try and grow. It may fail, but if it does you will learn and try again, right? Don't give up. I have just always liked the speaker box grow design idea alot more than pc case grows, because of more height, built in ports, light tightness over a pc, and more width. Just an option.
    Also, you will need a deeper planter, marijuana is a deep rooting plant.

3. haha thanks and imma try and grow again and again....i find it extremely interestin 4 some reason.
    but deeper planter? i didnt know i needed that....thanks alot or else i woulda fucked this whole project up haha
    do u think itd be okay if it was 4inches deep in soil?

4. even if you were growing from clone that would still be pushing it. 6 is ok. But there may be some PC growers here who may disagree, but they may know better. That is why I say get an old school pc case for added room. 6 inches of planter and a fat 100 watt cfl (may i suggest 2- 42 watt bulbs or 4- 26 watt bulbs instead) leaves very little room in that case for much of anything. about 4 inches to grow in.

5. i wish i could get another case in here.....cant really do it tho, my rents are a bit crazy so they would question another random pc case lying around

worst case scenario cuz of lack or room is 5 inch pot filled with soil....and 5inches to grow using lst......and i think imma take u up on that 2 - 42 watt bulbs instead of my 1 - 100watt

last question and thank u so much for the help but do u have any if 5 inches is tall enuf to grow lst.....idk if it is..imma have to pull somethin crazy outta my ass

6. be cautious about doing that at home with folks living there.
    Are you gutting that computer to do this? if so what are you going to use for a pc?