Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Firecracker Question[First-Time]

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by noneofyobusines, Feb 19, 2013.

1. #1 noneofyobusines, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
    Okay, this weekend I plan on trying the No-Bake firecracker recipe. This would be the first time I have tried edibles.

This is the recipe: http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/657352-no-bake-firecracker-recipe.html

If I follow the recipe(grind it up, put it on a graham cracker with peanut butter), and I wrap it in tinfoil and then put all of it in a tupperware. Will it last in my closet for like 4 days? Should I worry about mold/contamination?
    Oh, also. I plan on making two with 0.5g on each. I have a relatively low tolerance, is this a safe amount?

Sorry, I'm super new at this.

2. They will be perfectly safe as long as they are sealed up, I would suggest a Ziploc bag.
    Good luck, the no bake method can be hit or miss. You really have to give it plenty of time if you can't add any heat. Any heat you can add to them will help the extraction. Even just storing that Tupperware container in front of a heating vent for several days. What you are trying to accomplish is a chemical reaction that needs either extended time or moderate heat (300F-325F) for a relatively short time (20-25 minutes.)

Best of luck.

3. If I were to leave it in a plastic bag, in tin-foil, in a tupperware container, how long before it 'goes bad' (more concerned about the herbs molding in the nutella)?

4. Heat speeds the process, if you plan on not using any heat I would make 4-6 firecrackers from a gram so that your solvent to solute (fat to thc) ratio is higher, this should aid in the diffusion of goodness from your product into the PB oils.

As for freshness I doubt that the tin foil is any consequence. I micro wave PB on an open cracker all the time and it works great. ( 4, 20 second blast on high, with about 20 seconds between blast.) I would wrap them in Saran Wrap or just put them in a zip lock and you should be fine.