Fire Safety Contol Cigarettes

Discussion in 'General' started by SuperMonkey26, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Alright, I'm starting to think this is only going on where I live because I never hear or read about other people bitching about this. All cigarettes sold where I live are FSC. They are made to go out by themselves, I guess when thrown on the ground, out of car windows, whatever. Good idea, Problem is, it's like smoking shredded newspaper and tree bark. Not just certain brands either, ALL BRANDS, ranging from The Good ones, Camels and Marlboro's to Sonoma's and other cheap ass cigarettes that usually taste like shit anyway. I need to check to see if it's actually a law here or not to sell them like this, because I actually can find Non-Fire Safety cigarettes in a little bitty town I pass through everyday to get to work. I don't know if they are just really old and have been sitting there for awhile or not, but FSC smokes suck, taste like shit and make your chest hurt. Even blunt wraps, or anything at all related to tobacco has this shit. I don't know, anyone else dealing with this? It's been going on for at least six months or so here.

2. its a new standard from the tobacco companies...its not a law...yet...but yeah..its not just where you live either, its goin on all over...i havent heard any complaints other than they need to get relit all the time tho...so maybe the taste factor is just you

3. Yes they suck. Always about 3/4 through you have to relight the cig its fucking annoying

4. Yeah, I know all about the goddamn relighting thing, but the taste complaint definatly isn't just me because I know quite a few people that hate it, and a few have quit smoking altogether. I noticed the taste before I even knew the FSC thing. I can find the Non-FSC's sometimes, and trust me, smoke an FSC and a Non-FSC and you will be able to tell the difference. There are actually people bootlegging smokes in my area from other states now and selling them for this reason.

5. I smoke a cigarette in like < 90 seconds so it's rare that I need to relight.

6. after i have my minion...ill stick with my cloves....theyll still taste the same:D
    they were already fsc

7. Cloves are cool, maybe I'll start smoking those. I've only ever smoked a couple 5 or 6 years ago and I liked them, just haven't thought about it since. Speaking of, has anyone ever heard of "Black Death" Cigarettes. I had a buddy that smoked them back a long time ago and I assumed they were cloves, but I could be wrong.

8. damn, you can't use a cigarette as a fuse anymore.

9. I heard about this a few months ago but luckily they're doesn't seem to be anything of the sort around these parts...yet.

10. They are easy to spot, depending on the brand, it will say FSC on the UPC or on the bottom of the pack next to the tax stamp.

11. this is old news in new york....sucks, but apparently its so stupid people dont cause fires....

12. i don't mind them. after a couple years of smoking i can't tell the difference anymore. my taste buds must hate me.