Finding the right strain

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bolander, Apr 8, 2012.

1. So far, I've done a bit of research, and I know what I want in a plant, but not which one would be best. I've used a few seed selectors, but none of them seem to be as in-depth as I'd like. So if someone could give me a link to a good one, or go through my list of desired qualities, that would be great.
    In a plant, I need something that
    -Can be grown indoors
    -shorter than 1m in height
    -more indica than sativa
    -has a relatively short flowering period
    -doesn't have too strong of a smell
    -is autoflowering

there might be something I'm forgetting, but if anyone could help me out that would be totes awesome.

*sorry if there are already a billion threads on this

2. #2 dougieFRESSH, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2012
    Pretty much all autoflowers are going to stay short, and can be topped/ LST'd to keep them even more in check. They can all be grown indoors also, and generally they will all be done in ~70 days. It mostly is going to come down to the affects you want from the smoke, and personal preference.

Check out these and do some research

3. blue dream is an amazing indica strain

4. Link isn't working, but thanks for the other advice. Right now what I need is a list of a few plants that meet my requirements, then I will narrow it down by effects and price.

5. #5 dougieFRESSH, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2012
    sorry about that. Google search Attitude Seedbank (very reputable and safe store), and look through their autoflower selection.

6. Blue Dream is primarily sativa. It takes 8-10 weeks to flower completely. I have a four foot one flowering right now.

7. I agree with the post above. Autoflowering plants would be good for this. However, weed smell. I mean it smells strongly. Find a strain that works for your grow space and then go get a activated charcoal filter that will hide the smell of your grow. I've found that Black Betty and Black Berry Kush auto flowers both stay compact.

8. Okay, narrowed it down to a few, thanks guys.