Finding my mom

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Duwayne420, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Hello grasscity this is my first post! :)

So long story but please read it all,

I was adopted at the age of 6 months old. The reason why I was adopted was because my mother was unable to take care of me because she was poor, living in homeless shelters, had some big issues going on, etc. Throughout the years she has been sending me letters, notes, and even money on my birthday. She stated that she wishes the best for me, she wants to keep in contact, and she would love to meet me someday. Unfortunatly, she stopped sending letters in 2008 but I don't blame her because she has requested some feedback and my parents that adopted me never sent her anything! :mad:

I'm pretty sure she is still alive because in the letter she said she is working at Mc. Donalds and is in a much better mental health position. (She had some problems)

I just received all of these letters yesterday and my current parents told me that they didn't give them to me in the past because I would have been to hard to understand and it would be confusing to me.

I'm wanting to know if any of you guys have any idea of how I could get back into contact with her. I really want to meet her and I think about this on a daily basis. I have never seen someone related to me, not even a picture. :(

Sorry for the long post, thank you if you read it all! Let me know what you think I should do. BTW I just turned 18 in February.

2. I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope you find your mom soon. Mayby you can go to the McDonald's she works/worked at and see if they know where she is living?

3. Well, not exactly certain how the letters were delivered to you.. but if you got the original envelopes from the letters I would check them to see where they were mailed from. If she is lower income logically where she mails from and where she works are probably in pretty close proximity to where she resides. You might even be able to figure out which mcds she was working at and start there..

4. Man thats crazy! I hope the best for you op. It sounds like your mom did the right thing being in the position she was in.. It kind of sucks your parents didnt let you in on the letters though. At least you know your real mother still loves you, and i hope you find her!

5. Thank you guys. And the letters that she sent me have a P.O box number and adress so i found out the location. The letters were sent to my attorney then forwarded to me so today I'm going to contact the attorney and take it from there.

6. Sounds like you know exactly what to do! Keep us posted if you meet her, or at least call her or something.

7. Yeah I'll call for sure haha I'll keep you posted.

8. Good luck! Make sure to update.

9. Yea dude hope the best for you. As far as i know, people with the same situation your in wont even care about their mom! Keep it up man and good luck! You'll find her!

10. Update: I contacted my attorney and he is going to forward a letter to her that I wrote. He said it's UN likely that it will reach her but its worth a try.

11. Good luck hunting OP

12. I find people for people all the time.

Use social networks, the phone books to call homeless shelters in the area, and people finders through google. Knowing her name will be a big help.

It can be done in mere hours if you're persistent.

13. Thank you. Luckely I know her full name and tried people finders but all the phone numbers that I dialed are out of service. So, I created a new facebook page and I'm adding as many people as I can with the same last name and asking if they know her.

So far no one that I've talked to knows of her (only talked to 3 different people), but I'm sure one of these days I'll find someone that does.

14. ^thats a good way to start, but I advise u to lookup people who are related to her under the people finder websites. I've found tons of people through their siblings and other relatives. They almost always have a relation on at least one site. Facebook was invaluable until they started charging to send strangers messages.

15. Smart thinking, OP. Also, her SSN / SIN / birth date may be on your birth certificate or adoption papers. You could enlist the assistance of the adoption agency, or maybe have your attorney or private investigator find her on your behalf, given enough information.

Good luck, I hope you get reunited :)

16. Subbed to see where this goes. Personally, I'd do it if I were in your position. So I'm glad to see that you decided to pursue it and good luck man. I figure though since she is from an older generation and that she isn't financially stable I doubt facebook would help too much. Finding out where P.O. box resides and looking at local McDs would be where I start. Calling up management and whatnot to see if they have any information. Good LUCK!

EDIT: ^ I like his ideas too. :D

17. That sounds good. Thank you guys for the ideas I will definitely try to use them!

18. This thread excites me to no end. I wish all the best of luck to you, OP.

With just how interconnected the world is, I'm optimistic about your odds.

19. There are private eyes and other services that may be able to help, but that will cost money.

20. Good luck OP, I hope you find her! Make sure to keep us updated. :smoke: