finding generator with timer

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by wakkaa123, May 5, 2015.

1. #1 wakkaa123, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a cheap recommendation for a generator with a timer so that the generator can turn on the water pump for a few minutes everyday and be able to do that unattended. so I guess it needs to be on standby I don't think I need that many watts. is there anyone that already has the setup?

2. I was googling and couldn't find anything simple, not sure if you're going to be able to do that too easily but there are some people out there trying it if you google "generator on a timer". I don't know what you mean by cheap but there's no such thing as a cheap generator.
    Also, that setup sounds super complicated.

3. hey buddy, is the water connected to tour water hose or is it on a diffrent location? If it's your water hose they have those timer where you use AA battery to set the time .

4. #4 lilredrice, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
    If your growing in a spot where no pump you can use a solar power pond pump . 40 gallon per hour.

5. #6 wakkaa123, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
    Lilredrice, thank you so much!!! That is brilliant. One question if you have experience with this, how do you prevent over watering? 40 gallons an hour for the whole day is a lot of water. Maybe i could attach a garden hose timer? Also how high up can this pump to? In some cases the plants could be 6-7 ft above the water source.

6. #7 lilredrice, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
    I think there might be some other one where you can tweak. But it shouldn't matter the pump should be able to pump the water up.yea you have to use a timmer.

7. Just something like this. http://www.amazon.com/Instapark%C2%AE-GYD-001-Solar-Powered-Water-Pump/dp/B004XXRSS2

Then you add a bigger hose with adapter to the pump.

For the timer you can use something like this http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/16332345?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228009194161&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=40471020392&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=60819450326&veh=sem

I used to pump water/nutrients in a kiddie pool to water my plants when there is no electricity at the farm. Then on my day off I connect a timer like that to the water hose to water my plants when I'm not there.