Financial Reform Bill Passed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by generalvape, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Thoughts? Obama said that republicans are already trying to repeal it lol.

2. Great news, only a matter of time before our entire economy collapses.

3. All I know is that it gives the unregulated monoply on the printing presses the Federal Reserve more unaccountable power over the economy.

Keynesians fail once again

A win for Big Brother and Central Planners
    as usual

4. It's 2,300 pages of political bullshit that will no doubt have more negative consequences than positive.

What in the fuck do setting race and gender quotas have to do with the financial collapse?

5. Glass half full, I like it. :D

6. #6 Arteezy, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2010
    Does this affect the Federal Reserve? Forgive my ignorance, since I didn't really have time to read through the bill.

EDIT: Oh wow, I just read through Mounty's article. Government strikes again with their completely debunked theories on economics and their ever-clenching grip on Americans' personal lives.

7. :p

That's certainly one way of lookin at it!

8. It affects everything

I was reading on EPJ that it's going to prevent domestic citizens from investing their money overseas. So not only has the Government ruined people's savings and their economy, but it's going to prevent you from protecting your assets from the economic destruction they caused. Don't worry, we'll have another asset crash, only this time, it will be much worse. Buy silver while you still can, and it's severely underpriced!

9. How nice of our Federal Overlords... now we can't hide any wealth from the Federal Reserve.

Yep, the ratio of gold to silver prices is deff out of wack if $1200 holds for an ounce of gold.

Hopefully Obama and his minions won't go farther than FDR and confiscate silver along with gold to hold up the failing central bank.

10. I don't think the Fed will confiscate silver, but I did hear Paul Krugman talking about how the Federal Government should pillage the money that corporations are 'sitting on' and be used to spur economic growth. Keynesians crack me up. I think the problem is Keynesians don't have a clue about interest rates, and see interest rates as a Governor on the amount of money being spent in an economy, and not an actual incentive created by the Government. Poor Keynesians, so smart, they can't even see what's in front of them. All that brainpower must be overloading their eyeballs or something freakish like that.

11. My thoughts: Who the fuck is ganna read 2,300 pages of shit? lol

12. I bet it doesn't have anything to do with control and power, nah politicians would never pass laws that give government entities more power.....oh wait....

fuck........:bongin:

13. definitely not the people voting on it

14. Sometimes i wonder if i will ever get online, and read something good.

Why is it i never know about these things until after they are said and done? Was this a big topic that was around that i was just not privy too? Or are they purposefully being secretive?

Actually, i should just ask myself that last question again and leave it at that.

15. I feel the same.

I usually keep up with the news and politics and this sort of thing pretty well. I didnt hear one word about it until now. I havent read as much lately cause i have been working a lot, but i didnt think i would miss something this big.

Im gonna go read more about it now...

16. Dodd: "We won't know the full results of what we have done until the very institutions we have created, the regulations we have suggested and provided for are actually tested. We can't legislate wisdom or passion. We can't legislate competency. All we can do is create the structures and hope that good people will be appointed who will attract other good people - people who will make careers and listen and see to it that never again do we go through what we have gone through."

Chuck & Pray?

17. My god, financial reform seems to have a faith heavy portfolio!