financial aid help

Discussion in 'General' started by T.H.C-ERRRDAY, Aug 31, 2010.

1. So i applied for financial aid for the school im gonna be attending. Well everything was good online, but i got a letter from the school stating i need to show them my w2s among other things, and signed federal tax forms.

I dont know what they mean by signed federal tax forms? does anyone know?
    thanks in advance blades

2. Well man first day of college like a year ago, and recently there was like a class discussion, and a guy from F-Aid came in, your best bet is to talk to your student advisor if you have one and the school your at will provide the paperwork, hope it helps man I am in the same spot.

Meeting at noon today....

3. if they didn't tell you exactly what forms they need i might think about reconsidering attending their school.

i dont think the w2 involves a signature, maybe they mean the w2 and a signed 1099? which might be hard to supply if you e-filed. definitely speak with an adviser get it sorted.

4. They want your 1040ez

5. Yea the best thing you can do is call them up. Have you had a job before? Did you file taxes? Ask your parents what it is, or call your school and ask them.

6. yes ive had a job, it says they want my w2's and a signed tax form, i filled online the past three years with turbo tax. do you think they want my 1040ez?

and i was just asking because its midnight and the school isnt open haha, trying to get this sorted out so i can get it worked out tomorrow. but if you guys dont know what it means either i will just call my student adviser in the morning.

7. its only a technical college man, this aint Harvard lol. what do you expect? :p
    although i do have a 1099 from my unemployment benefits, but there is no signature on it

8. i got confused dude, i meant 1040. but probably just from last year.

you should call em up and ask em what to do if you don't have one from last year.

9. well i was able to log into to turbotax and print my 2009 1040ez. that has to be what they want. theres nothing else i could think of.

and god i sure hope i dont have to get any papers from the irs. that will take long as fuck

10. i apparently filed my taxes this year without a signature. it took them like eight weeks to alert me to this, and i filed it outside the typical tax season so... i hope you dont have to go to the irs, too. fuck.

call em and clear it up, it can't hurt anything and then you'll know for sure.