finals week :(

Discussion in 'General' started by chomolungma, Dec 8, 2013.

1. fellows,

this week is finals week for me.

i'm making an F in a class (probably like 50%)... there is a final essay due that i'm gonna do exceptional on, but still, i should be failing even with an awesome grade...

its english comp 1 (i know this is not something i should be failing) and i have massive points taken off my grade for attendance (wtf) even though i did really well on my 3 essays so far....

understand, i'm not failing this class because of my work, but because of attendance

so my question is, does anyone have experience coaxing a teacher into making a high (but definite) F into a D? I really need a D in this class so that my average for the semester will be >2.0, and thus keep getting financial aid.

i'm not talking about doing sexual favors, teacher is a dude, i'm a dude
    i'm talking about words people, what words to say

2. Attendance is half the battle in the first 2 years of college IMO

[​IMG]

On the real though, try talking to your prof about why it is that you missed class. Was it out of being a lazy stoner? Was it something legitimate that brought up some concern and caused you to miss your class? Was it something worth bumping up your grade a little bit over? Maybe you can bullshit, idk, but good luck man. I've definitely been there, and my reason was definitely over being a lazy stoner that just didn't wanna attend my lecture. Hope it works out!

4. #4 Heroic Dose, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
    If youre already missing so much school that its affecting your grades, you kinda blew it. Youre obviously not getting too much learning done when you have less than a 2.0 gpa.

Take it seriously or stop wasting your time and money

depends on the teacher.

if you dont already have great rapport with your professor even suggesting it is grounds for them to expel you or punish you to the extent of your studend conduct policy

even then i doubt like 99% of professors would jeopardize their careers and professional integrity to cheat for you. sorry but most likely you are going to fail.

6. update: gave up on the class, didn't even turn in the last essay when it was due.

teacher emails me that day, says send me that paper by 6pm tomorrow if you wanna pass.

sent a shitty essay #4 in at 5:59 the next day (the day after it was due)

he gave me a D in the class

pretty awesome seeing as i had all but given up on the class, and assumed i would fail even with a great, on-time paper

7. You got lucky this time. Take this as a lesson not to fuck around like that anymore