Finally: understand their crazy idea, and a cool picture

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Man Plus Eyes, Feb 12, 2010.

1. #1 Man Plus Eyes, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010
    I've had an epiphany, but not through my own doing. It was thanks to aero18, and it's of something I've heard many times, like bill hicks,

Or through Alex Grey's art,

but have never understood it like this until now.

The link is underneath, I don't want to take it out of context.
    Click the quote and read the post, it's fantastic.

Basically that our conciousness is a way of the universe looking at itself.
    We are all made of matter, no different to the ground, or a star millions of miles away, and in the past might have even been part of it, but we're a part of the universe that has been, metaphorically speaking, been pulled up high enough to see the rest of the universe around it.

Now upon understanding that, I had a few more thoughts, about drugs, and this image comes to mind:

[​IMG]

The chemicals in say, psycoblin change the way we see the universe, so you can see the universe a different way. It's no more or less real than seeing the universe without it.

Then the universe gets to view itself in this way, without psycoblin having to develop a conciousness.

I'm well aware that if I keep talking this could start to make less sense, but it's cool to think about. And I'm not claiming to be correct. Thoughts?

2. That was awesome, thanks for pointing it out.

And I like how it was through a dream, not through psychedelics. Some people forget how powerful our brain is, and how great dreams are.

3. Yeah that is a cool part.

The quote reminds me of the issue of identity.

4. And your name reminded me of Gerald Grow's paddling in an eye graphic.

5. Pretty deep and does put things into perspective. +rep