Finally sexed my plants.......

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 96Spec Ek, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Well I had my three plants on a 12/12 light schedule for two weeks or so. It turns out I have one female and one male, the other is still to young to tell. Now my question is, I have the two that have sexed are in a 12"x24" planter together, I now have to remove the male and Id like to transplant the female to a larger pot. How do you safely transplant without really disturbing the roots? Wont the dirt kind of fall apart? Also I had started doing lst with the female about 45 days ago and if was standing straight up it would be about 2 1/2 feet tall, is transplanting it a bad idea at this stage? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.:D

2. You definitely need to transplant. Get that male out of there and destroy him or make hash with him. Next time only plant one plant per pot. Just gently get the root ball out of the pot and let the soil crumble away. That way you can look at the roots and untangle them if you can. If they are really tangled, you might have to resort to some cutting. Try to cut the male roots away but, if you have to, some cutting of your good plants roots might be necessary. Good luck.

3. I have transplanted the female into a 12" round - 10" deep pot. It seems to be ok so far (no wilting). Im still using only one flurescent though, I bought to 150 watt hps bulbs but didnt realise that they need a ballast to work. I can screw them ino the outlet but no worky.:mad:

4. Ok good deal. No HPS will not work that way. You will have to break down and get you a ballast. Get it going when you can. Take good care of your girl. You might want to do some reading on cloning. That way you can keep her in vegg and clone an infinite amount of plants off of her. Plus you know her sex already so that takes time. Anyway, just a thought.