FINALLY! My first car!

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Moonwalker420, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Yessssss today is probaly one of the best days I've had in a while. I've been 18 for a couple of months now and my mom finally decided to get me my first car. We went down to the lot today and I test drove a green 1997 honda accord. It was soo sick and I instantly felt like this car had to be mine when I hopped in. The car has a tiny bit of rust on the driver side door...but it's nothing that can't be repaired. The paint is starting to fade a little but I already planned to paint it black down the road. But the best part is that there's a sunroof :D I don't have a picture of MY accord but this picture is pretty damn similar....

what do u guys think? what did u drive for your first car?
    also, do you guys think I should do anything to the car to improve how it looks or how it drives?

Attached Files:

2. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

3. Get some subs in that bitch. Makes your music sound so much better when your sober or high ;)

4. it's a first car u fuckin idiot

5. haha yeah for sure! my bro said he would give me his old two phoenix 10inch gold subs..with a box.

6. Nice. I got two 10" kicker comp subs. And I love jammin to some weeknd while drivin

7. #7 Jazzyj, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
    [quote name='"budisour"']ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww[/quote]

Mature. :rolleyes:

Congratulations op! Getting your first car is such a good feeling. I wish I could have that again.

Great call on the accord! I have a 2001 civic now. Hondas run great, and have a nice long lifespan. My first car was a 1998 Ford Contour. That thing was a piece of crap, it just started falling apart. When that was on it's last legs, I got my dads old manual civic. You really can't beat honda's reliability, especially for the price.

Edit: Also, as tempting as it may be, don't go overboard speeding. I learned my lesson after three tickets and two 8 hour long driving classes, haha.

8. Welcom fellow CD7 owner. Treat her well and she will take care of you.

9. oh yeah its a great feeling! :hello:
    yeah from what I know, Honda's run pretty well. I was originally going to get my nana's civic but she is still using it plus I have this accord now so I really don't care about her civic:p But yeah eventually I wanna learn how to drive standard...looks like fun

10. don't get butthurt you little baby

for the money you payed for that, you can get a much nicer car

but you got a beat accord in an ugly color

CONGRATS BRO

11. holy fack op, where you too?

12. Also, don't sink to much money on your cars appearance. I have a friend who have put probably close to $2000 worth of light covers, mufflers, decals, and sound equipment in his 2000 mustang...which initially cost $3000. The purpose of a car is to get you and any passengers you may have from point A to point B, not to look cool. I can understand a sub system, because you can transfer that to your new car, but any parts you buy for it will be worthless when you end up selling it.

13. [quote name='"Moonwalker420"']
    oh yeah its a great feeling! :hello:
    yeah from what I know, Honda's run pretty well. I was originally going to get my nana's civic but she is still using it plus I have this accord now so I really don't care about her civic:p But yeah eventually I wanna learn how to drive standard...looks like fun[/quote]

Yeah, I don't blame you. I'm jealous of your sunroof. And yeah, they're really well made. My civics at close to 225,000 miles and still running great.

14. don't worry dawg..she's gettin painted black.
    what did u think i was gonna get for my first car?
    a brand new 2012 vette?
    stop talkin shit

15. 1. He didn't say what he payed for it. 2. He said he planned to paint it. 3. Honda's are very reliable and a little bit of rust is nothing for a first car. 4. Quit being such a douche.

16. lmao yeah the sunroof is my fav part XD..but that is good to know. hopefully it lasts me a few years. I would love to keep it forever and just get a new engine, as well as anything else that will need to be repaired years from now. It would be fun to have a car to work on as a hobby

17. there needs to be more people like this on GC

18. #18 justyn93, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011
    I had a 02 Corolla for my first, My 2nd is my Lexus ES300 with blacked out windows. Your car will look 10x better with tint. And don't forget subs and speakers lol. An accord is a very solid choice for a first car and they have a nice ride. Good choice

Edit:how many miles does your car have? If that was treated good before you got it and you treat it good it should be able to go to around 300,000 miles before it takes a shit on you. If I was you I'd hold off on the paint and get an auto start, an alarm or a HUGE system.

19. Nice Fuckin First ride man, Peace.

20. I like that generation of saccord

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtWBjy8UvUM]HMT mini boat anchor fest - YouTube[/ame]