finally met the girl of my dreams...some problems...

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by wenahaone, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Don't mean to randomly bring this up again, but hows the update? I wish i could help :cry:

2. #42 wenahaone, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011
    Things are good....but not really with her. We don't talk. I don't call her. She hasn't called me. A couple months ago I would've said 90% chance I'd go back and give it another shot. Now it's down to probably 30%.....and say I knew that she moved out of that town it'd be a 20% chance of me moving there and going to school there.....so, I'm getting kind of a "Eh...I don't wanna deal with that shit." attitude about the whole situation. I think there are multiple reasons I feel this way:

1.I felt like dogshit for about three months. all the time for two, and in big shitty waves that came and went for the third....so, it's kind of like if a junky quits something, the withdrawls suck, and they're like "I don't wanna go through that again."

2.time.....It's been a long time since I've seen or talked to her, and our closeness has pretty much become just a memory. I was just gonna pop into town and move their un announced, but now I'm thinking I might as well go visit there and stop by her establishment and see her face again before I make my decision. idk...once I see and talk to her again I might totally remember why I was ridiculously crazy about her(it's not like I've really forgotten...but you know) and be back to 100% I'm definitely moving back status.

3.pride. idk...I don't really wanna feel like more of a fool than I already do....

4.maybe it's just a dumb idea....I know the people I tell the story to weren't there and words can't really describe what happened, but how people react when I tell them my plan...they pretty look at me like I'm kind of a fool who's inevitably going to be disapointed, even though they're trying not to seem rude.

but, yeah....idk...I finally got laid two nights ago(first time getting action since her)...so that's really swell. I don't like this girl like I liked her, but that's okay. I knew I kind of just wanted something simple to take my mind off of her for a while, and that's what I'm gonna get...hopefully....lol...I need to learn to watch what I say around girls and just tell them what they want to hear...I think I fixed it and we're cool, though.

and yeah, I would've answered the question pretty much the same way three days ago(I was feeling that way before I got some pussy that's probably going to wind up being quite good and consistent)....I'm thinking it's more likely I transfer to Eugene or Bozeman instead....

I appreciate your concern, man.

3. Sounds to me like your in love bro... If I was you I would chase her down and not let her get away from you because it sounds like thats what shes looking for. You don't wanna look back 10 years from now and ask yourself what might have been. Just my two cents I hope everything works out for you, becuase there is nothing worth more chasing in this life than love;).

4. I've been reading this thread for a while and there's something I've noticed in my travels with women of my own interest. I say you but I mean anyone in the situation you're in.

- You meet the girl (you think nothing of it)
    - You start talking to her (again, you think nothing of it)
    - This talking turns into somewhat flirting (but you still think nothing of it)
    - You realize you might be into this woman
    - You think about being into the woman and realize you are, in fact, into the woman
    - Now, at this point, you have about two weeks to make your move. I say this because there is nothing difficult about talking to a woman if you're not into her. When you are, then suddenly you're watching what you say and things just aren't what they were before.
    - Most of us will not make our move in these two weeks, so the period of what if and false hope sets in
    - What I've learned is that if the girl was into you, she would have been making moves at you too. This seems obvious, but many of us overlook this when we think about our situation. Suddenly, there is no more what if, just what.

My advice to you is to think about it from that perspective. Did she ever do anything more than express interest? Did she initiate any of the progressions in your relationship? If she did then she was probably actually into you. More likely, however, is that she only played along with what you were doing and while she may have liked you a lot, if she didn't do anything more than this then you should reconsider your options.

I'm still struggling to accept this fate with a number of women but it's comforting not to have a 'what if' scenario hanging over your head.

5. Keep your head up homie,if it's meant to be,you'll come together someday when the time is right.But in the mean time keep doing your own thing.

6. She only did stuff to progress our relationship before we made out. But at a time it seemed obvious it was going to happen..llike coming over unannounced(no cellphone) while my room mate(who I knew her through) was at work and she knew it. she seemed to really like being around me and was pretty obviously attracted to me...wish I could read her mind....because know she was really really attracted to me....I'm just wondering if she still is....like I wish I could know if she's lost attraction for me or if she just became really really guilty about being a slut..oh, speaking of being a slut, she also did initiate physicalness when really drunk....so I don't know if that entails what's bolded.

but, whatever...she made her choice....the wrong one....we'll see if I feel up to going back and giving her a chance to fix her mistake.....but FUUUCCCKKKKK my study partner is sick and I'm restless as fuck. that girl I made the thread about made my dick kind of sad for almost five months...I could still get an erection, but my sex drive was substantially lower and cumming didn't feel the same, but this new girl has re-lit my fire and now I'm horny as fuck......and then she gets sick. WHHHHAAAAATTTTTT THHHHHEEEE FUUUCCCKKKKK!!!!????

7. That sucks. I know what you mean about your libido being down for months. We can talk all we want about trying our hardest not to think about her, but deep down that's the hardest thing in the world. The best thing to do is to wait until something new comes around and it looks like it has. Even though you're girl may have liked you a lot back then, would it really be the same going back now knowing that you had this period of at least half a year where you we're both separated and things got a little wierd?

But the fact that your new girl is sick really sucks. Maybe you can "make her feel better" in a few days...

8. yeah, I know what you mean about things being different or a little weird after that long. That's partly why I was thinking of visiting ahead of time to feel out what our vibe would be like. yeah, we had a bunch of weird inside jokes and stuff. and I believe a decent chunk of them have been forgotten by both of us. but I'd have to admit that I'm surprised how much the old jokes made me smile thinking about them just now. but, yeah...I can almost see our vibe being even better than when I left. like with her guilt subsiding, and me not being as obsessed with her....like more relaxed and fun and just really enjoying our company....I can see that leading to where I really do want it to lead. idk man....our souls had some chemistry...like I would still want to know her, even if we were both in happy relationships that we wanted to stay in...although I'm not 100% sure if we would be able hang out alone. I guess I like to think that we could.

but, yeah..I have a lab paper due tomorrow, and kind of wanted that girl to help me with it. we'll see how sick she is.

9. I just know that from the standpoint of the girl I'm basing this on, I also thought we really had something going. Now when I see her in class she acts really changed and much worse than when I knew her before. Apparently she's always been like this. So go figure.

I don't know if you're into old poetry, but I just know this one from a Latin class I took this year. It's from Catullus, who, in my opinion, really might be the master of sad onesided love stories. Definitely worth reading. Here's the one that sticks out.

basically, his lover, Lesbia, was a renowned whore. He fell in love with her and, although the poems are not in chronological order, we see that his love changes throughout his collection. At this point he is continuing to love her but her whore side is becoming more apparent and she is loving him less. It's worth a reading

Catullus - Complete Poems