Finally Medical Marijuana legalized in Jersey

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Jerseytoker, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Sweet deal man! It's coming closer to me and MA. I'm pumped, my roommate at school is from NJ.

2. I live in NYC but technically am still a NJ resident. nice to see that this is an alternative god forbid something happens

3. I figure good bud will be on higher supply near home now. Hopefully it may change the way weed tends to move in this country, from Cali Eastward.

4. Nice to hear. Props to NJ

5. The bill is pretty restrictive. For example, patients can't even grow their own bud in their homes, and they can only buy from 6 dispensaries in the state.

But it's better than nothing.

6. Also they have a small list of (serious)ailments that doctors can only prescribe it for. I'm sure that will change with time though. Is that how it was in CA or CO before the industry started booming??

7. Is it gonna be like Cali how they have the vending machines and all? If so, I'm gonna be in Jersey a hell of alot more it's not too far away either maybe an hour. This is sick!

8. #10 Mystmoore, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
    Yay I guess, I'm not mad but I'm not exactly jumping up and down. Considering the population that has the certain ailments, I'm sure its 1% or very low. I'm just throwing a number out there because its so restrictive. I hate to sound selfish, great for those suffering from more severe things. Don't get me wrong, I love my weed, and getting high, but there are way more legitimate ailments. It didn't necessarily need to be as open as cali.

Oh how I'm going to just love taking oxy for my back pain from a car accident 6 months ago. I probably won't take it to be honest if my pain doc prescribes it. I'm not afraid of addiction, I just don't like the feeling of it. I had a few over the summer from a family member and when you have pretty bad inattentive ADHD, you don't want a downer.

I love my Adderall, and I do have a script for Klonopin for my lovely social anxiety, but I've used it for years. The Adderall helps a ton with my anxiety,focus and a good mood lifter but its insanely easy to skip meals. Occasionally I may take a Klono on top for an interview or to relieve the Adderall come down. The Klono doesn't turn me into a zombie but its not too effective either even after a 3+ month break, 2mg to 6mg... no difference. I've been subbing the klono at night for weed since I've forced myself to put smoking on hold for the passed 2 weeks, I can't afford it anymore from my only connect (Unemployed with no health insurance) Just when my friend bought me a sick bong for xmas too heh.

I know this is a great accomplishment and there will be improvement, but I may not be around to see them with recent unforeseen events.

Would just be nice to use my Adderall and MJ. Focus, anxiety + pain relief, plus it's great for lifting depression, especially when your current situation has you feeling down in the dumps. I loved IMAX Avatar tonight, but it was hard not to think about being at the movies alone, was my first time and kind of sad. Sorry for the long post, a lot on my mind. Didn't mean to sound so glum either lol.

9. Anyone know when this is going to Corzine to be signed?

I would have loved if this were a little less restrictive. However it's also important on a personal level that it made it this far. My dad passed away from cancer a few years ago, and although it wouldn't have saved his life or anything, it would have made it easier for him to live, to eat, instead of helplessly wasting away while being addicted to pain killers. (I always tried to get him to blaze or eat some, but he was too scared) So while it would be awesome to start toking legally, I'm still thrilled that the people who need it will be able to get their medicine. Go NJ :hello: (finally we have something to celebrate :D)

10. Congrats to NJ!